Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] /ignore suggestion and discussion (hopefully)
Started by [E] CruxMaximus

Hello Minetown peeps, I've got a small suggestion for discussion.

You probably know about /ignore but can we have a slightly better system, for example, you could have something like /ignore guests so it ignores all guests. I say his only because I do get sick of guest spammers, guests asking repeatedly "How do i get member"? (Normally with a lesser degree of grammar) and I don't particurlarily like typing /ignore several times.

So, what are your thoughts on /ignore ?
I like that idea
YES OMG FINALLY SOMEONE BRINGS THIS UP i love you. =P Yes we should have this.
Rather than each person ignoring the guest rank, I think it'd be more process efficient to have a Guest channel as the default focus for guests (which regular members could leave). Guests could still technically be listening to global, just spammers and serial whiners probably wouldn't have the sense to change focus. At least in most cases. One of the extra benefits to this method is that people genuinely interested in playing would be less offput by being told they're in a "guest" channel compared to being rudely ignored by the public (think about it from their view).
i think have guests get flashed every 5 minutes to register, if they want to become member, and their own chat
ModernDragoness wrote:
Rather than each person ignoring the guest rank, I think it'd be more process efficient to have a Guest channel as the default focus for guests (which regular members could leave). Guests could still technically be listening to global, just spammers and serial whiners probably wouldn't have the sense to change focus. At least in most cases. One of the extra benefits to this method is that people genuinely interested in playing would be less offput by being told they're in a "guest" channel compared to being rudely ignored by the public (think about it from their view).

Yes <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> I love this idea
we should have a guest creative server :3

and YES THIS IS AN AMZING IDEA