Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal for askoug
Started by [E] askoug

did u have a castle
i did take some iron and gold and im so sry iv been their many times and it looked like it was abanded i will give u the matireal i am so sry
F15h3r he told the truth so I think you should take him for it please have the admins unban him because then he can return everything and I will personally throw in 32 diamond for this whole mess
I'm not the one who can get his ban lifted. I never got the iron or gold back and it took some work to get everything back to normal. I have been on the server almost every day since I joined a couple of weeks back and if Askoug had been to my house a few times like he said, he would have seen my house change drastically because I have been working on it throughout that time. In other words, not abandoned. A quick check of the forum would have also shown that I am a current active member.

So Im not sure i buy that he thought it was abandoned, especially as this happened on the very same weekend that I posted a protection request on the forum that I would be away for two days. In other words, my unprotected house was there for the looting for two whole days. I even had co-ordinates on the post.

Askoug, if you know you griefed then you need to update your appeal saying so. For what it's worth, I accept your apology, it's a game after all, it's not like you actually robbed me. Maybe though if you are accepted back, you should not loot houses, abandoned or not. Maybe someone hasn't been on for two months, doesn't mean they wont come back and when they do, they will want their stuff back. Mine your own and avoid situations like this.

As I say, I don't really believe your reasons for griefing my house and some of the weird stuff you did (breaking my fountain? What's that got to do with finding a few precious materials??) but i for one don't care if the admins lift your ban. I will not lobby for it though, you broke the rules whether it was just careless or not, and you'll have to go through the appeals process like anyone else.
Just read some more posts on this forum. sfether, you were banned for stealing diamond ore from my neighbor, the knights templar building. There is no doubt that the templar building was occupied. Therefore, I am now of the belief that deliberate griefing occurred at both of our homes.

Why steal from one occupied home if a supposedly unoccupied home was just blocks away? Truth is, I think you and askoug knew they were occupied and stole because you thought you could get away with it.

Askoug, if what i think is true, now is the time to come clean before your stories guarantee an perma ban (like sfether's probably have). If it's not what I think it is, prove it, and i'm sure your appeal will be considered.
I found the griefing and much of the damage was not even stealing but instead a large amount was just malevolent destruction. this included areas with glass, stone and many other areas of damage. I don't see how this could have been done in a non agressive manner considering any attempts to get into a place should have only taken a simple hole of 2 blocks instead of destroying about a third of the roof. I don't think your looter excuse is worth anything. I think it should be permanent unless there is some reason why you would destroy so much.
Actually, that's true, I remember now, the roof of my tower was removed completely and my portal was deactivated too. I too would be curious to know why my stone roof had to be removed to get to the iron on top, when a small hole would have sufficed?

Unless you really needed cobblestone?

It doesn't sound like the ban will be lifted but the only way it ever could is if you just come out with the truth. There's too much evidence and circumstance to go against your version of events. I suspect, you took my iron, gold and red wool because you wanted too, and you destroyed some of my blocks because you felt like it and didn't think you'd be found out.