Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Favorite Author? The literature thread, :P
Started by [E] subterainer

Being a pretty big fan of fantasy literature, i like Brian Jaques Redwall books.
I enjoy a small group of classic authors and one brand new one

My classic authors include Orson Scott Card, Isaac Asimov, Piers Anthony and Robert Heinlen. they are mostly science fiction though they each have a dose of fiction in their repertoirs as well.

Orson Scott Card wrote Ender's Game, my first major science fiction read, and I read the rest of the series all the way up through children of the mind. He also has a few other treasures such as the Treasure Box, Songmaster, and Treason.

Isaac Asimov, probably best known for I, Robot, captured me from his Foundation Series. though the attempts by other authors do very little for me I love his original series of books.

Robert Heinlen stole me with Stranger in a Strange Land. He writes beautiful commentary on society in his books and my most recent read from him was Friday.

I also have the guilty pleasure of reading and re-reading Douglas Adam's "Hitch Hiker's Guide".

Recently I found a brand new author named Patrick Rothfuss, who just recently started his career and has a beautiful storytelling ability. His books are the Kingkiller's Chronicles and starts with the Name of the Wind. It's a wonderful read and a beautiful story. the second book, The Wise Man's Fear, is out and I am eagerly awaiting the third.

Hope you'll pick one of the authors up as they are all quality work.
A good, funny, querky, weird, sci-fi book that's difficult to find these days is Killgore Trout's (Kurt Vonnegut) "Venus on the Half Shell"

It's out of print, but you can still get copies of the paperback at rare booksellers and websites (like Amazon) that link you to individual merchants. I highly recommend this book. Very "Hitchhiker's Guide," which is also really, really excellent.

...so long, and thanks for all the fish. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

--Darth
drpepper1344 wrote:
Being a pretty big fan of fantasy literature, i like Brian Jaques Redwall books.

Yeah Redwall is amazing I have a signed picture of the author brian.

for real tho if u can u needa go get "The Eye of The World" Hands down BEST Fantasy Ever!!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

and I read alot haha