Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown Youtube Promo!
Started by Unknown User

I have noticed that the server has a lower peak player number. (70 - <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f60e.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby="8)">8)</object> I am currently planning a youtube video that will feature Minetown and why they should join Minetown. I will not list the fact that you have to sign up, because that is what usually stops people from even logging on the server. I may need a couple of screenshots of the multiplayer player count at peak times, as I can not do it now because of school. I may also need some footage of different types of events and stuff. Before I start filming however, I will need permission from an admin.

Please post your reccomendations!
You have to tell them you must sign up. At least in the description, something like "To play, go to and click join now to sign up!" It doesn't have to be in big writing, and if you want you can drown it out in other random stuff such as credits to the people in the vid. However hiding it isn't going to stop them from coming here, spamming for an admin and leaving when they figure out they have to sign up. It will just increase the amount of guests, something I would rather not do.
Yes, not telling the people you have to sign up does bring more guests, but for me, servers you have to sign up for have a bad reputation for me, because people usually do not check. But people will not consider this server to be any different than other whitelisted/guested servers, so they will probably not log on at all. I find it better for them to at least come on the server and see what they are signing up for. And I will include annotations/description links. Thanks for the suggestion.
Also, I have a mac, so what program should I use? I have IMovie, IMovie HD, and thats about it. Please feel free to post any downloadable software as well.
If you think people won't want to join after your video if you say you need to sign up, you shouldn't make this. There's no point to making them get on as a guest to see what you showed in your video. If they want to they can do that, but the main point of the video is probably to get people to JOIN, not get in, look around, then leave forever.
But at least when they see the server, some ask how to build and stuff and at least sign up. If you post that on youtube, they don't even log into the server. I still need permission from an admin. I will also might need permissions for fly (temp) so I can feature minetown at its best.
why didn't you just create a PE, they'll get to it faster...
They said to post on forums =P
oh =P
Okay Guys I am sorry, but I am abandoning this project. No one has given me support, no pictures, videos etc. And I am unwilling to even start without permission from an admin. If you should want me to make it, please post, or notify an admin of this thread.