Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guests, letting them know up front

not sure if this is because the guest world is gone, but it seems every 5 min, a guest asks: why cant i do anything, when/how can i become a member. i suggest a splash screen when a guests logs on, reading : you are a guest, guest cannot alter the world in anyway, not give or take damage. if you wish to become whitelisted please apply at minetown.net/promo or donate $5 for near instant whitelisting.

this way they cant miss it, and we wont have to keep answering this question <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

kenny
Both the first time and last time I looked, all that info is in plain site at spawn. If you can't get people to read those signs (how do they manage to read chat?), you're not likely to get them to read a splash screen either. Especially as such a screen would require a client mod.

Nice idea, but unfortunately human nature doesn't make it practical. :(
it might be possible to make it whenever someone joins the server with the tag , they could have an extra MOTD added onto the normal on how they can register and how they cannot altar anything... Just an idea
Jackissuperduper wrote:

i think it would be a good idea to have an automatic message popping up every time they log in as a guest, such as how to do things like warping and making pe's and locking chests and much more! it should also inform them how to become a member. this way no one who is new to minecraft/minetown will be confused and frustrated because they dont no how to play.

thanks, jackissuperduper xD
I agree, it does get a bit repetitive
ModernDragoness wrote:

Both the first time and last time I looked, all that info is in plain site at spawn. If you can't get people to read those signs (how do they manage to read chat?), you're not likely to get them to read a splash screen either. Especially as such a screen would require a client mod.

Nice idea, but unfortunately human nature doesn't make it practical. :(

I agree, the idea is good but just won't work because most of the humans are ignorant.

HERPY DERP
Im pretty sure when you first log on a welcome message comes up and tells you to go to minetown.net/join to apply.

Anyone else noticed it? Neither have the guests xD

All the needed info is on the boards at minetown but people are too lazy to read and think its easier to ask the question a few times -.-

Sadly I dont think we will be able to do anything about the lazy ones that dont read.

x
How about a plugin where its like petitions, where every once in while, it'll remind you that you're a guest, and where to go.
I say have a system that traps the Guests in a room with the rules in it, give them five minutes and then take them into an empty room and quiz them on the rules, if they fail, send them back in, if they win, let them enter teh world.
The way I see it is this: if they're too lazy to read the signs, then why should they even join the server? We have the whitelist to filter those kinds of people, so their stupidity is exactly why they shouldn't be whitelisted.