Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown app!
Started by [E] daniel1995

GACKT wrote:
Not all iOS apps become popular, most small developed apps get lost in the app store forever.

Are those included when apple brags about its over 2000 aps?
GACKT wrote:
Not all iOS apps become popular, most small developed apps get lost in the app store forever.

Well, I think you're not that good in dealing with marketing stuff, but I've been working for several app development studios and helped them out getting popular. It's just a question how you promote the app.

First of all: sawine will do (i hope so) a sticky post on the main page announcing the app and that it is now available FREE to download. Almost everyone who's active playing and owns an iPhone, iPod touch or even iPad (you can run iPhone apps on iPad as well) will download the app, no matter if they really need it or not. And they'll rate the app, to support Minetown. With 4-5 star ratings, the app becomes even more popular and it can raise the charts. Who says it won't?

And if you guys won't use the app and if you won't be interested in it, it's absolutely OKAY for me and others. But please stop hating about the project. iGackt, I guess you have never started developing an iOS App in Obj-C, one of the most difficult to learn languages. You don't know how much time I investigate in this project, and I don't charge a penny for it. So please stop hating, I know you just want to raise your post count, but please bug other people. Thanks.

cold
dev if i may suggest things to put onto the app

crafting recipes

static map

photo gallery

average price for items

members list

forum linked to this one

the msg notifications application thingy in bottom right

general info on MT (worlds, how guests apply, cities)

must city cities Each with profile( App required. acceptance of app to mak ur city a MUST see city. Frost,espero, etc)

Factions

Just some ideas if this app was to acctually hapeen btw im all for the idea if the dev team is up to it
it would be pretty cool to have a minetown app cause i could just pull out my phone instead of tabbing out to get information
GACKT wrote:
But a live map like the dynamic map on a iOS device, I don't think that's possible.

main reason i said that is because halo waypoint is getting an update for windows phone that lets you see any match top-down view with indicators wehre people are, and it's live

oh and maybe instead just an updating regular map, updates once every few days automatically
GACKT wrote:
But a live map like the dynamic map on a iOS device, I don't think that's possible.

main reason i said that is because halo waypoint is getting an update for windows phone that lets you see any match top-down view with indicators wehre people are, and it's live

oh and maybe instead just an updating regular map, updates once every few days automatically
Edited title. Non-official posts should not use an official tag in them.
its talking about it, please change it back. There is no need to change it
Sorry, lately there have been too many posts using official in the title, that aren't actually official posts, and so i will start restricting the use.
pennepasta wrote:
GACKT wrote:

Are those included when apple brags about its over 2000 aps?

I'll try not to laugh at that silly ignorant comment penne!
colddev wrote:
GACKT wrote:

Well, I think you're not that good in dealing with marketing stuff, but I've been working for several app development studios and helped them out getting popular. It's just a question how you promote the app.

First of all: sawine will do (i hope so) a sticky post on the main page announcing the app and that it is now available FREE to download. Almost everyone who's active playing and owns an iPhone, iPod touch or even iPad (you can run iPhone apps on iPad as well) will download the app, no matter if they really need it or not. And they'll rate the app, to support Minetown. With 4-5 star ratings, the app becomes even more popular and it can raise the charts. Who says it won't?

And if you guys won't use the app and if you won't be interested in it, it's absolutely OKAY for me and others. But please stop hating about the project. iGackt, I guess you have never started developing an iOS App in Obj-C, one of the most difficult to learn languages. You don't know how much time I investigate in this project, and I don't charge a penny for it. So please stop hating, I know you just want to raise your post count, but please bug other people. Thanks.

cold

Of course not, I'm an employee at a Apple Store while I go to school, What studios exactly, None the larger studios such as for example Iconfactory, What iOS apps have you help develop and helped marketed exactly?

Please for the love of god, do not ever accuse me of hating again, I was only posting my opinions on why we would need this, I don't give two shits about my post count, refrain from sparking an argument colddev.