Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Requesting more support for /pe's
Started by [E] Lazareth241

First I don't know if an OP can answer /pe's but if they can, maybe some OP's could do /region commands to lessen the burden on moderators? It would seem to me that a lot of the /pe's have to do with regions, (making new ones, extending old ones, or adding and removing people from current ones).

I've noticed that the moderators and admins have been extremely busy, and I feel bad that they spend so much time working and don't get much of a break to actually play. Therefore I'm requesting that some more moderators are approved for the growing community or that an OP application thread be created if the OP title has rights to do regions and that some OP's be made.

Sometimes we, the regular players, forget that mods/admins are just other players volunteering time to help out the community. We forget that they need a chance to play MineCraft for fun too. As such we tend to pester the ones that do log in for almost the entire time they are online. Perhaps getting them some extra help would give them a chance to play too.

Thanks for reading and if you could, make a reply to this post regarding your opinion on the matter. I know that here lately it has taken much longer for a /pe to get answered whenever I make one.

~Thanks
Minetown is currently managing, configuring and doing all sorts of things with the new server. This in turn has left little time to do other things. Staff are 'hired' from being respected and trusted amongst the community, as well as having skill and knowledge on Minetown. Its a very selective process, that why it takes a while. While doing all the new server stuff we don't really have much time for getting new Mods and that is the reason you might experience a queue. There is no possibility of normal players getting region powers, unless they are promoted.

The volunteer idea sounds cool, but again, very selective...
^.^ I was just suggesting that we might need more, and I don't support all players having region powers, just some preselected ones to help with the /pe queue.

I understand the selection process is arduous, but I also heard that the amount of mods were limited and that new mods aren't being accepted at the time being.

Thanks for your reply though ^.^

EDIT: I also understand that there is a lot of work to be done what with the new server. ^.^ I wasn't suggesting that people were slacking off, just that maybe recruiting a couple of mods would help out the community as it grows. The more players that come in, the more /pe's that are made daily. Thanks for your understanding.
This sounds like a good idea to me too, except that its already there in the Mod Applications. A seperate thread to apply for OP would really be the same thing as what we have now, but then there would be two sets of apps for Sawine to sort through. I say just give em time, things will get taken care of sooner or later.

Unless its my /pe... then it needs to be done yesterday, lol.
Lol Lomanic, as I said before I heard that the number of mods is limited, and that right now they are not looking to take on any more. I can understand the limit, I just wanted to bring to attention that it might be time to accept some new ones or find an alternate way to deal with the bulk of /pe's that gives the mods a little bit of breathing room so that they aren't overworked.
I agree with you there, it does seem that more help is needed. I just dont think creating another "rank" of player with an app process will help. It seems like more red tape and beuracracy to me.

btw, I totally can't spell beuracracy, and thats kinda embarassing