Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Bringing Prison Back.
Started by [E] val

they need to have active staff running prison if staff are on it ill go on it it makes it fun everyone get more active

and get freedom done that would bring in ppl
In reply to - d78e935661.png

You're beating a dead horse. As it was said in the post above. Its dead. Sorry for being blunt about it, but I really hate logging on the forums and see people bitch about how nothing is getting done. What you don't seem to understand is that...

A) The main priority is keeping the servers up, and moderated.

B) Getting ready to switch over to the 1.8 update (WITH UPDATED DONATION STUFF)

C) Development of new servers / developing and continuing to update the current ones.

Instead of complaining. Here's an idea. Get a group of friends and go onto the creative world. Find a nice large area / plot that you can build on. And start working on an alternate Freedom. Maybe being productive instead of bitching, might actually revive the server that you "love" so much. Also, spread the word around. Tell your friends. Tell them to tell theirs. Posting the same shit over and over again gets old really quickly.

In the famous words of Ghandi - Be the change you want to see in the world.

NOTES: I am not affiliated with the moderator group. I am saying this as I know this is what they are doing, being ex-build team. If you have any issues with what I said, message me.

I apologize if I have offended anyone that has an IQ over 10, this needed to be said and I feel as if this was blunt enough.
@426160 wrote:
People don't play it anymore because it was a fad that people got bored with, same as the thousands of hunger games servers you used to see all over the place. There's nothing you can really do to make people play on it more; everyone knows it's there and if they want to play there, they will, if not, they won't.

I'd just like to point out that the same thing happened with SkyBlock, which is still mostly dead. Hit the nail on the head.
@4434737 wrote:
Well fettuccini it's called there's nothing to work for and nothing else to do. One there is no FREEDOM!!!! And it was promised a year ago....

You can access freedom with Alt+F4.

That being said, the freedom issue is like the many lag threads from earlier this year. Complaining won't get you anywhere. Like Fett said, if people wanted to play prison, they would, just like Skyblock and the many other fly by night game servers. The lack of freedom isn't keeping people away, people don't play anymore because it gets boring.
This is a long and complicated issue which was discussed many times in chats between staff.

It would be more appropriate to leave this to a management staff member however i'm not sure they will even bother replying.

Prison died a long time ago. The reasons for it's death are complicated and arguably irrelevant as a dead server, is a dead server.

The primary reasons for the death of the server was the loss of players which in any server is an exponential loss (i.e. once one person leaves more and more will follow) so once a few regular members lost interest the server starts losing it's population and because a prison server RELIES on a large, complex population it couldn't function without people on it.

Another reason for its death is the delay of 'freedom'. This happened because of numerous reasons including being worked on in 1.7 update era (Very difficult to stabilize plugins), lack of experienced and/or talented builders to complete the sizable spawn area and the devs/staff who would be working on plugins being extremely busy with other tasks.

The issue is these problems combined so that freedom war delayed beyond the death of the server, so there was no point continuing work on it.

If you really want to revive the prison server, it would be VERY difficult. You would need to keep a committed 10 or so players on every night to draw in new players who will help sustain a high population count, thus making the server interesting again.

In addition to that, the staff would have to work very hard to not only finish freedom, but update the main halls so they seem new or re-vamped.

I'll be honest, i dont see management considering prison a worth while project at the moment. If you, the players, don't make a community yourselves to show management staff that it is worth considering then prison will stay dead.

Obviously, i don't know managements plans. For all i know, they are planning to revive prison, but i doubt it. It is up to you guys if you want to make it a populated server again.
Just delete all servers and keep:

- Aggy

- Classic

- Event

- Pearl
I dunno, I want to see it back but I ain't gunna force anyone to stop playing Argatha/PokeMC/Whatever is popular these days with yall crazy kids.
@727788 wrote:
Just delete all servers and keep:

- Aggy

- Classic

- Event

- Pearl

Honestly, I agree with Tman, as much as I love Prison, I think that we were most successful when we had only the classic server, when we made all these little servers, I think that it had a negetive impact, so if we just did that, we would do so well. we could focus all of our attention towards one or two servers, not 6 or 7 servers

PS: I know this is a little off topic, but it needs to be said