Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Bringing Prison Back.
Started by [E] val

Bringing Prison Back. Yep the title says it all. And you know you want to.

Okay, so first of all I need to give the reasons why I think we should "Bring Prison Back". Before that I know, yes it's there. But it is a ghost town. Do you guys remember when prison was filled with players? All you see now is at most 1-3 people on. Prison used to have at least 30 people on a day. Now there isn't anyone to blame for this, and I don't know why everyone left, but we need to bring people back. I remember playing on prison and having amazing times with my friends and the guards/sergeants. I met so many people on MineTown Prison that I currently don't talk to today because no one is playing the prison anymore.

No off with the ranting, the reasons. Reason one: Everything is there, it's not like the server isn't operating anymore, so why don't people play on it?; Reason two: Freedom. We were almost there. Freedom was at the edge of it's release, and now nobody plays anymore. And people still wonder why we don't have it.; Reason three: The community! It was amazing! All of the players were so nice, helped each other out, and ahh. I can't stress enough of how much I miss that community.

I know, I know, I know. You might disagree, and you might agree. But I really think this change needs to be made. And YOU are the only one that can change it. Get your friends, people you know, or just anyone, to join the prison server and resurrect it back from the dead. I bet that if we all try we can get prison back.

Thanks for reading,

- GamingShades

tl;dr - Lets just bring back prison.
tl;dr
People don't play it anymore because it was a fad that people got bored with, same as the thousands of hunger games servers you used to see all over the place. There's nothing you can really do to make people play on it more; everyone knows it's there and if they want to play there, they will, if not, they won't.
I wouldn't mind repopulating it with some others! I like prison servers. Have yet to check this one out though.
@426160 wrote:
People don't play it anymore because it was a fad that people got bored with, same as the thousands of hunger games servers you used to see all over the place. There's nothing you can really do to make people play on it more; everyone knows it's there and if they want to play there, they will, if not, they won't.
@426160 wrote:

Well fettuccini it's called there's nothing to work for and nothing else to do. One there is no FREEDOM!!!! And it was promised a year ago....
Daniel-Radcliffe-oh-god-shut-up-GIF.gif
Get over it, if I remember correctly, you were rarely on when it was popular, so, you shouldnt be complaining

EDIT; in reply to a3
EDIT, please disregard that post, I did not post it. I think my brother did, and he knows better than that!
I want to bet $10 that no one on the typical MT community knows me super well. That is because all I ever actually do is play on the prison server. I remember the community a year ago to be awesome! Seventeen people online at one point in time when it was super busy, and all the newb D block people that I would talk to and encourage to become better ranks. There's only one person I ever see online anymore, and that'd be my friend that I invited onto the server to talk to me on. While I enjoy her company, I'm starting to get bored of talking to only one person at a time. I'm starting to get lonely again. I need more people to talk to.

I Hers Forev3r I , you say there's nothing to work for with no freedom. Uh, yeah, there is. A thing to work on is getting the money possible to go to freedom before it comes out, so we're prepared to buy plots with our money.

I guarantee you there is in fact stuff to work for and on in prison, it's just that you guys are not experienced with prison as I am, having obtained what would be freedom in 6 months (I won freedom in an event, but could still pay for it myself if I wanted to) and residing in prison alone ever since. Again, took me 6 months. You can play for 6months+ with something to work for and not be bored.

It is actually a pretty fun server. More difficult than others, I'd say, which is good, because it keeps you busy. Take my advice and play on it sometime.
No offense, but, do any of you even realize that this is exactly the kind of mentality that inhibits the growth of a server? Especially , Minetown. I've never played prison,so i'm not gonna touch on that topic. But the ideology behind reviving something that the server has already long let go of / or being unable to sustain at the given time, is actually , under-lyingly, killing the good community. You would rather argue or debate on bringing back something , instead of supporting what the server has right now & making it thrive. Just take it as it is, whether it comes back or not.
@4939412 wrote:
I met so many people on MineTown Prison that I currently don't talk to today because no one is playing the prison anymore.

This is exactly why it isnt worth digging. You only care about Minetown Prison.