Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] On the CS and its negative effects on the economy of Minetown
Started by [E] CrimsonYoshi

One time, but that was a personal matter. That I could care less about haha
tell u wat, ill take some of that gold off peoples hand and build me a vault with it to store more in =p tbh i get what ur saying and i think we will have to leave it to sawine to decide
The credit shop has only been a recent addition, we managed to survive before this.

Some servers dont give any rewards for voting, we should think ourselves lucky <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

xx
See now, Okifool, that's what I mentioned in the last bit of my post.
Also something to consider is that ppl can hoard credits and buy other things with credits. Theres a lot of stuff in the credit shop.

Personally i was going to buy a pig spawner (before i came to college and stopped playing for a couple weeks), bc i had like 20000 credits that i haven't spent.
It's a legitimate concern. I love the fact that the advancement of MC and of this server has gotten so far as to warrant a discussion on MC economic policy, bubbles, de/inflation, and the federal reserve...hahaha awesome.
jdavila wrote:

It's a legitimate concern. I love the fact that the advancement of MC and of this server has gotten so far as to warrant a discussion on MC economic policy, bubbles, de/inflation, and the federal reserve...hahaha awesome.

Some users get really into it (Nothing wrong with that). If you take the time to pay attention to the forums, threads like these will get you thinking, minetown is becoming its own "World" pretty much. Economy, Markets, Competition, etc. are all present in the real world and ours B]
Yeah it's way awesome. I'm actually quite surprised that one of the major game corporations hasn't solicited an offer to buy minecraft. If there has been I'm certainly not aware.
Well that's the thing, Minecraft is still beta. In a few months the official game will be released! Maybe then we'll hear some news about that
Hey,

I don't think the CS will bring such devaluation of the currency. There is stuff you can compare to the real life economy, but also other things you need to consider, like:

In real life, it's a "permanent state". In minecraft, some players come and go. When someone plays for 2 months, store 200gb in his vault and then never come back, this gold is "gone from the economy".

Also, most people spend their credits on unobtainable building materials. Credits are more convenient than gold bars after all, if you die you don't lose them, nobody can steal them, you can pay anyone anytime in a more precise currency than gold bars...

The admin shop also "consume" a bunch of gold out of the economy.

And most players don't follow the economy so you can see all sort of prices for the same items. Which is not really like in real life where most stuff have a more defined value if I can say.

Cya