Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A few suggestions I've thought of since i joined!
Started by [E] Browse

Here are a few of the suggestions i would think may make a great difference in the server. Let me know what you think!

1. A separation of the member and guest world chats. I'm not sure if this is viable with any plug-in to date, but it is something to think about with all the overflowing spamming that comes from there (at some times). It wouldn't exclude the guests because they can always come ask questions and chat with us in the member world!

2. My second idea kind of goes along with the first one, add some slight rules to the guest world so that guests who join will like the server more and be more inclined to pay to join the member zone. Going along with this (again i'm not sure if this is possible at this time) maybe we could hire a few mods that only have powers in the guest world to kind of keep order as much as they can. That being said fellow guest moderators would have to report any power abusing etc.

3. This one i'm not sure if it's already done but if not it could be a good idea. Have a section in the forums (and possibly a plugin) for people who are hiring workers. They would have a general format like so

Number of workers needed:

Job to be done:

Estimated time to complete:

Pay:

I've seen a few hiring for certain jobs and even more looking for any kind of work.

So yea, those are my thoughts. Please tell me what you think!
Would be nice...
1# Might be a good idea..

2# Theres anarcy so guests can play without the admins getting 10 times as much work.

3# Theres a forum section for this: Click Here
Exeriti wrote:
1# Might be a good idea..

2# Theres anarcy so guests can play without the admins getting 10 times as much work.

3# Theres a forum section for this: Click Here

Thanks i didn't realize that's what that forum was!

and for #2 i was thinking it would be separate mods who apply for ONLY the Guest world knowing what they are getting into (either because they would like to get their foot in the door with moderating or just because they want to help the community).

I would definitely offer my services towards this thought i am hardly known yet so it would be a bit premature. But i'm sure some would offer to help with this kind of thing. It would in no way effect the member world admins (I'd hope).
Browse, why would the guests even bother applying ir donating of they get people watching over them, giving protections, warps all that shit. There would be loads of more drama in the chat and forums aswell. There's roumored to be another guest world, a peacefull one. Wait and see how things turn out <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
If what Exerti says about GW No.2 is true then that is cool, if not, then I think that a seperate group of Moderators should look after it as at the moment there is WAY too much crud going on in there, think about how many players are going to leave the server because they think the community is a, "Bunch of fags" when their house is griefed or they are repeatedly being killed by the same guy.

And yeah, No.1 seems like a good idea.

Not too bothered about No.3
O nooo not full mod abilities, just a very select few abilities to keep people from hating the server only because the guest world. But since another guest world may be on the rise i guess i'll just stick to my first suggestion of chat seperation!

thanks again for the info
1) they wont get to know the community at all so why should they bother to join

2) with the new server there is going to be pvp and a non-pvp guest world, so less of a issue
sayomie wrote:
1) they wont get to know the community at all so why should they bother to join

2) with the new server there is going to be pvp and a non-pvp guest world, so less of a issue

Thanks i had no idea about the non-pvp guest world. And good point about the first suggestion.

Though maybe there could be an option to mute the guest world chat? I'm just throwing ideas out because I've seen a few complain about it at some points. If its not viable i completely understand. Just thought i'd throw it out there!