Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Official Event] MineTown Amazing Race!
Started by [E] Baber

/warp amazingrace for a sneak peak at the event! GL everyone!
Wow baber i just watched the vid. The event looks awesome
EVENT STARTING NWOW!!!!!!!!
baber you design was a bit flawed with the second part
I am sorry to say, but the amazing race event was a failure. Let me explain why.

Part 1 was easy enough, at least there were multiple areas for people to move through.

Part 2, is where the failure starts. You come down the water, and are presented with a narrow Jump-block course. That's all and well fine, BUT it was only thought out (you can tell) for 1 person to go through at a time. The platform you stand on is small, 3x3, and the room with the warp, leads directly to the platform to gain access to the jump course. The result, is that there is no where NEAR ENOUGH room for anyone to get to the platform. Let alone, jump to the blocks. I myself, was stuck on the platform for nearly 5 mins, before I could jump. And on the 1st block across from the platform, I had to wait at least 7 mins, because I had below me a lava lake, infront of me, another player, and behind me, 15 angry idiots that kept trying to jump to my block, and push me off, screaming in caps for me to move.. but to where? Move to where? Nowhere, is what I'd say.

The course was not thought out correctly, no crowd control, such an event should have had multiple courses through a larger area (like 3 different paths to get to the end), and a larger platform to stand upon.

For such shortcomings, I am rating this event as a failure, due to being poorly planned out and constructed, with no thought, consideration or debate as to how to have dealt with more people then the event could handle.
HK, realize this: You make an event that was supposed to be much longer than what it was, you are the ONLY one on the Event team and no mods or admins are online. You have to deal with cheaters, a bigger area, and tons of other shit. When there is 30 people over what we anticipated obviously were screwed, at that point we made a much bigger area but I don't know why people kept going down. There is virtually NO WAY to prevent crowd control, there will always be crowds in the events we create. So you see, I had about a huge piece of dog shit on my plate while no other admins or mdos were on (Danni was on though she helped) then come Chunky and Jallaf who help me by /poofing and catch the /home people. At the time that was good, but you see in life you can't please everyone, and someone alway's gets the short end of the stick.

I'm sorry you think it's a failure. We've already discussed that were getting more people into the event teams with more permissions in the event team. Yes I admit, wayyy to many people for a small space, not what we anticipated, and 3 ways would be to hard and one way would be easier etc, inbalnceness.

Sorry,

Baber
What event has ever gone the way we planned it.
All in all I think more people are happy than sad
none <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Hmmm...I don't understand why people complain when someone else takes their own time to develop an event.

Sure it wasn't a blazing success, but it was fun and something to do.

I admit, part 2 was a bit :banghead: but thanks for the event Baber and the supervision Danni. I had fun.