Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Remember 09/2010
Started by [E] GACKT

Natedog85137 wrote:
I thought it was because he took money from the donations for himself. .-.

That happened after he left.
sTrYk9 wrote:
Natedog85137 wrote:
I thought it was because he took money from the donations for himself. .-.

That happened after he left.

Das' rite brah
this seams like one of the most sentimental threads ever on this site
Rabbi_Sababa wrote:

So many more of these, all hiding/locked
Rabbi_Sababa wrote:

Nah, I think my "Meaning of the Name Espero" thread has that one still. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Cody was a great guy, even if he did do some things that we did not like. He was a good friend, and he always would wander around just to see what people were building. When I built my first city, he actually made the warp for me without asking because he had found me and thought it was cool <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I think at this point in time we should just forgive him and move on... when new players hear about what happened they think very badly of him... that just wasn't true. He was a great man.

However, Minetown is no longer something he can claim responsibility for. I believe that if Cody did not leave but maintained a schedule like he had, and Sawine never joined the server, by this point in time at August 2011 Minetown would have already been dead for months. Sawine came and changed everything - staff, recruitment, funding, hardware, even the community. At first a lot of people were upset about this, but Sawine is a man that didn't see a small server... he saw Minetown standing on a launchpad, and god damnit if he didn't launch us high.

You can say whatever you want about rankings, player populations, income, all of that. But I will say it, regardless of what the bigger and richer servers believe - Minetown is the greatest Minecraft server to have ever existed.

If you disagree, no.

have a nice day
Wait why is sawine owner then?
Cody started playing less and less. Already by then sawine was pretty much head Admin. So then Cody make Sawine co-owner. That lasted for a while and during that time Cody never if very rarely came online to website or forums. Then he took some money out of paypal so Sawine kicked him out and took over full. Becoming full Owner. We have been so much greater ever since.

Atleast I think this is the way it went.
Reggief wrote:
Cody started playing less and less. Already by then sawine was pretty much head Admin. So then Cody make Sawine co-owner. That lasted for a while and during that time Cody never if very rarely came online to website or forums. Then he took some money out of paypal so Sawine kicked him out and took over full. Becoming full Owner. We have been so much greater ever since.

Atleast I think this is the way it went.

Yup ..
Thanks for explaining Reggie.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Pretty much yeah, except he did get a girl who started taking up most of his time and drove him away from us.

LONG LIVE SAWINE!!!