Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Clans on Agharta?
Started by [E] MasterJack

@1215969 wrote:
Well, I think if it wouldn't impact on performance than its worth perhaps looking into. Although I wouldn't want Clans to be able to overpower single players on land claiming (Have no idea how this works tbh, could be talking out of my rear). I have a hard enough time with people claiming next to my builds out on the middle of no where I don't want to have to worry about a clan suddenly up against my builds.

EDIT:

After reading (I probably should have read the whole thing over again while drinking my coffee instead of just posting) I think as long as clan bases are approved by the clan/nearby builders it will be fine. I just worry that a clan will set their home near someone's builds and then the clan themselves will go and claim around it to make it a big clan base and step on smaller single player builders.

Clans isn't like Factions in the dominance aspect, it's pretty much just a way to make a group that players can associate with and have a private chat channel with. It can give a sense of camaraderie to players with mutual interests
Alright, I want to say then, that I'd like to change my vote for yes, I think clans would be a good idea as long as they can be implemented easily without causing too much work for the moderators. I know they have a lot on their plate already.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me Jared, I can't really seem to know which way I'm going when it comes to minecraft. Such a simple, plotless game has so many things that you can have thrown this way and that way.
I am reluctant to vote just yet. I would need to know more about it. I like the concept. However if it would not work well or play well with other plugins I am not sure I would want it to be tossed in. The thought of having a group of players working together is a great idea. But if the only reason for the plugin is to have a private chat. I am not for it at all. I am sure that there is a plugin out there that allows for different chats. Personally I use teamspeak. dteandy and I are almost always on. We have our own ts server that we use. But we also monitor the minetown ts. What I would like to see though is more use of the minetown ts. I never see staff on there, Unless they are in the staff channels and we are not able to see them, I have never seen them in the different server channels.

I have found that Teamspeak is a much more efficient way of communicating. It is a way to speak with your friends (or clan members) without having to stop what you are doing in game to bring up chat. No more bringing up chat just to be attacked by a mob and having to abandon the chat mid sentence to keep from dieing.
I think we should add clans back. When Classic had them it was great fun, especially when there were rivalries!

Lets have em back
@9089430 wrote:
I am sure that there is a plugin out there that allows for different chats. Personally I use teamspeak. dteandy and I are almost always on. We have our own ts server that we use. But we also monitor the minetown ts. What I would like to see though is more use of the minetown ts. I never see staff on there, Unless they are in the staff channels and we are not able to see them, I have never seen them in the different server channels.

I have found that Teamspeak is a much more efficient way of communicating. It is a way to speak with your friends (or clan members) without having to stop what you are doing in game to bring up chat. No more bringing up chat just to be attacked by a mob and having to abandon the chat mid sentence to keep from dieing.

Emtdrifter, Zmblaine, bigdaddy, and myself all came from the clan based game 'darkorbit'; the reason we work so well together is because we use team speak, not necessarily because we are in the same land....Team speak has created a friendship where we can trust the use of materials and laugh out the night sometimes with jokes. As a past clan leader and co-leader on that game, it is a lot of work to keep people in clans happy. How to stop noobs from coming in to the number 1 clan stealing their materials/money by clan jumping?--this is the kind of behavior I had in dark orbit (we also had taxes and clan payments there), and the same thing happens here; we already see it when people 'accidentally' kill all the animals in a properly subdivided town and drama follows. I vote that there is enough drama already. I think the current griefprotection plugin is enough so long as the land owners make proper subdivision decisions. Frankly i left darkorbit to come here because of the drama (my clan had 45 members and i had to work nightly to end dumb wars), adding clans would add drama, as most of the players do not use teamspeak.

As we keep repeating, teamspeak and proper land claims with current claims builds friendships which encourages trust and working together. Lets encourage the use of that more; maybe a few more channels under agharta so people can branch out to talk in private or do a build together, etc....

Some of our questions and concerns are because we are use to another game, so perhaps post a video of an active clan...
Guys, trust us, it doesn't have anything to do with teamspeak being better, or adding more chat channels. We had this plugin for years on classic, and it will do you no harm. It's a good plugin, especially for those who can't use/don't have the capability of using teamspeak. It gives players the ability to associate with people of like mind, if you don't like it then don't make/join a clan. It's a simple as that.
It is not that I want or not want it jared. I just don't know enough about it to say that i would like it or not like it. If it doesn't have a negative effect on the server. Then by all means get it. I was merely stating what works for us. But like you said what works for us may not work for others. It is just another option is all.
I understand, my apologies if I sounded short.
I voted yes because it is a good social plugin with very few (if any) problems coming with it.

Back in the days it used to be a good way to communicate with your friends, and i like the freedom that i gives regular players, who wish do to stuff together.

I would also like to point out that the clan plugin is nothing like the factions plugin, in the way that it only affects the social experience. It doesn't create any regions or claims, it doesn't force you to fight someone. It just creates a tag, a few more /homes and an additional chat (and a few more less important features).

The plugin might have changed slighty since back when i last used it, so keep that in mind
It's honestly kind of useless with the amount of people we have now, not enough people for clans to be a big thing