Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Clans on Agharta?
Started by [E] MasterJack

Hey everyone,

Quite a while ago, there was this plugin called "SimpleClans" on the old Main server. Basically, you could create and join clans (groups of people) to act as a team/faction of people. Although you can set a clan home (that clan members can teleport to), this does not affect the way you claim and protect land on Agharta. (You could still make a clan base though!). By joining/owning a clan, you get a little prefix ingame featuring the clan "roster". For example, it may look like this;

MasterJack
:

Along with all these cool features, it also increases competition and (friendly) 'rivalry' between players too! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

It's a really cool plugin to use with towns and stuff, you can build an empire through clans!

Here's an example screenshot;

sc_clans.png

Click here for more information.

The question is, would you like this (or another similar) clans plugin to be implemented on Agharta?
Anyone have any specific reasons for yes or no votes? Im all for adding it back in if players want it. It does go a good ways in helping with town formations and group private chatting as well for those of you who like those features. It is mostly for a Township use than a PVP Clan use here in Agharta, but you are always welcome to play with the pvp fun times too <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I voted no as it seemed redundant. Just because you CAN have something, doesn't mean you have to.

'No' as opposed to 'meh', as I feel it would encourage rivalries, though I appreciate some players want to 'belong'.
i voted middle to wonder if having a clan base would act like an extra home to a player? That function would be the only reason I would vote yes so people that don't donate could have a base then 2 homes....
I voted yes because why not? On the classic server pretty much everyone liked having them and being a part of them. It adds good extra features for people who play together. If nothing else the convenience of having a separate clan channel for chat far outweighs any negatives there might be, but I honestly can't even think of any real negatives to begin with.
I voted yes for the same reasons as Fettuccini. Also, it encourages players to make towns/"empires", which is always nice to see on the server.
MasterJack wrote:
I voted yes for the same reasons as Fettuccini. Also, it encourages players to make towns/"empires", which is always nice to see on the server.

You voted yes on your own poll?

I voted yes because its similar to factions, only no land claiming.
I voted no, Agharta has enough problems we don't need to add more addons and mods to it. I know its probably small...and will probably do -nothing-, but I wouldn't want to chance it.
If we use SimpleClans like classic, then it shouldnt really have any impact on performance, which is one reason I voted yes. She is right though, the last thing we need is to give people more reason to complain right now.
Well, I think if it wouldn't impact on performance than its worth perhaps looking into. Although I wouldn't want Clans to be able to overpower single players on land claiming (Have no idea how this works tbh, could be talking out of my rear). I have a hard enough time with people claiming next to my builds out on the middle of no where I don't want to have to worry about a clan suddenly up against my builds.

EDIT:

After reading (I probably should have read the whole thing over again while drinking my coffee instead of just posting) I think as long as clan bases are approved by the clan/nearby builders it will be fine. I just worry that a clan will set their home near someone's builds and then the clan themselves will go and claim around it to make it a big clan base and step on smaller single player builders.