Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Poll for agharta lag potential solutions. Let your voice be heard in this poll!
Started by [E] dteandy

Maybe spigot would be a good idea it doesnt do anything ingame it is more a version of craftbukkit or something added to craftbukkit to stop lag

http://www.spigotmc.org/
Ok, well now Ive got a different outlook on the situation....First plugin to go - MyPet =P garbage really, who needs pets to play real MC. I thought Agharta was going to be vanilla style for the most part anyway? Go ahead Dragoness, Get rid of them plugins! xD
@9080190 wrote:
we could try an afk plugin that removes players that abuse afk farming? 15 minutes with no movement remove them? Just another plugin that ive experience on a different server.... Some players (adam, ron) have farms that are far overboard and abused to the point of affecting everyone else....

8fc1ca3c719455b43670ca7dd37387a25605baf19b094da17b305685cd0f02ca.jpg

Ultimately, this is ineffectual. Players will build AFK pools or keybind movement actions, so all you'd end up doing is irking a few other players with much smaller farms.

Furthermore, I built said farm for Ron; we share the one farm. None of the other farms cause lag at all, even locally.

Good news, everyone! With Elite's help, we seperated the gold farm and storage system by a few hundred blocks. This means that they won't be activating each other, and as such limiting any lag that may have been being caused. It's currently believed that by afking at the gold farm caused the storage to be active all the time, causing the lag. Since we have seperated the two, multiple players have rejoiced at a lack of lag, and we've seen a 20%+ increase in spawn rate
@9692608 wrote:
Maybe spigot would be a good idea it doesnt do anything ingame it is more a version of craftbukkit or something added to craftbukkit to stop lag

http://www.spigotmc.org/

This however is an excellent suggestion; during one of my breaks I was staff on a PVP server that regularly had over a thousand people online, and during a update, spigot had not been updated by their developers so was not compatible with the new version of MC. The difference in lag was phenomenal.
@4372332 wrote:
Ok, well now Ive got a different outlook on the situation....First plugin to go - MyPet =P garbage really, who needs pets to play real MC. I thought Agharta was going to be vanilla style for the most part anyway? Go ahead Dragoness, Get rid of them plugins! xD

As much as I love myPet, this is also a valid suggestion. I don't feel it would impact lag dramatically, but it certainly would decrease it.

General free ways for you to reduce lag at your own end (click the link):

Jetboost

CCleaner

Razer Game Booster

Defraggler

Optifine

Assign more RAM to Minecraft

Clear your Prefetch file

Set Windows to 'best performance' mode
@1145238 wrote:
@9080190 wrote:

Adam has provided great tools for fixing problems on the player side, most of which I am familiar with. But I currently have a pc that is lIterally JUST for minecraft, It isn"t powerful it runs XP but it is a clean pc, It has nothing on it but what I need to play minecraft. I use Optifine and have cut most graghics to fast or fastest just to improve the ability to play, it doesn't make a difference with the lag that we are getting. And correct me if I'm wrong, but most of us know when it is lag on our side. Atleast the ones who are speaking up on this thread.
As for me, i know I have an great internet connection that never fails. I run on a Dell xps that performs dual monitors swell until a lag spike on agharta. I can tell you it is not private computer settings, router settings, or internet connection; its within their data center as stated in a previous post..

Thank you admin for taking these suggestions and applying them---we appreciate e your work.
Also, Adam and Ron, dint mean to hate on you two, but you guys were surely aware causing some lag.
As I've stated in the other active lag thread, Hasn't this issue been addressed in multiple threads in the past month?
@2708078 wrote:
As I've stated in the other active lag thread, Hasn't this issue been addressed in multiple threads in the past month?

Jared the whole point behind this thread was to get active brainstorming for solutions, which this thread is doing. We are not trying to attack or beat a dead horse but we truly do enjoy Agharta and want to be a part of the solution. It is working, multiple things have been changed to try to fix some of the lag (Kudos to all admin and mods who are giving their time and effort to support this cause)

There have been other complaint threads and I hope you can see this is not one. Yes there are issues being addressed but in hopes of finding constructive functional answers.

Keep this going DTE, EMT, Adam and the many others who know how these systems work and have given valuable input.