Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Poll for agharta lag potential solutions. Let your voice be heard in this poll!
Started by [E] dteandy

Minetown owns its own Hardware. http://www.minetown.net/serverfeatures
@426160 wrote:
I like how people are acting like staff either don't realize there's lag or that they're intentionally ignoring it. Have you guys stopped to consider that maybe it's not caused by something that's under they're control to be able to fix? The comments some people make about this sound like they're trying to stand up to some evil oppressor who is purposely making everyone's experience on the server miserable.

It has nothing to do with us thinking staff is ignoring us. This is just our way of getting it out there. As for considering that staff can not fix it, I think you might not be considering that there is always a way to fix it. The fact that there are other servers out there that have 500 plus players on at any given time and yet they have no lag is impressive.

I am not trying in anyway to say that staff is not doing their job. I am also not saying that they are not aware of it. But I do know now that at least they are aware that it is wearing on so many of us.

As for a detailed issue. here is what I am experiencing. I would be breaking blocks and have one that I can not break just to find out that there is another block in my way that I am unable to see. If I were to place a torch or anything for that matter in the spot that i suspect the block to be it would appear. And I am able to break it. Also there are times when walking is faster than riding a horse. Or times when I am booted for flying when I am simply in a boat trying to go across a lake. Those are just a few issues that I have noticed. I would also like to say thank you to Dragoness for taking a personal interest in this issue. I am glad to see that it is something that staff wants to take care of without messing with other benefits of the server.
just try it for a day and well see if it works
Or Remove Some of The Stupid plugins we have we dont use half of em
@2998720 wrote:
Or Remove Some of The Stupid plugins we have we dont use half of em

Please name some of these stupid plugins.
we could try an afk plugin that removes players that abuse afk farming? 15 minutes with no movement remove them? Just another plugin that ive experience on a different server.... Some players (adam, ron) have farms that are far overboard and abused to the point of affecting everyone else....
Block lag and rubberbanding have been atrocious this weekend. It gets to the point that I don't want to play just to avoid the frustration of TRYING to play. I don't know the problems that are causing this, and don't feel that I am in the place to say what you need to do, other than ... something! I think that most players would be willing to suffer through trouble reducing trial and error. If it meant that you were looking for a solution. Please keep us in the loop and let us know that you are going to try things, I thnk you will find us to be Patient. The Players on Agharta are forming into a community and I really enjoy playing with these other players. Thanks for reading
WE DONT HAVE TO PLAY ON MINETOWN WE JUST PLAY FOR THE COMMUNITY AND IF YOU DONT CREATE A LAG FREE COMMUNITY WE'LL MOVE THE COMMUNITY SOMEWHERE ELSE THERES PLENTY OF LAG FREE SERVERS LIKE AGHARTA AND EVERYONE ELSE I TALKED TO AGREES THEYLL LEAVE
That lag keeps discontecting me and that rain goes forever and cause me lag stop this lag im getting very mad! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f620.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":mad:">:mad:</object> :thumbsdown:
The afk plugin and clearlag need to be atleast tested for agharta the server is un playable we need to look for further options to reduce lag u might consider deleting entities