Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown dead middle of the day on a Saturday!
Started by [E] dteandy

Lets pull it together. Server has been down for a good 2 hours on a day off for many of us. Lets get a better time to do server maintenance, such as early morning during the middle of the week? Also how about server restart closer to daybreak than the wee hours of the morning?

Would be nice to have updates on why and when the server will receive maintenance, along with how long it will be down for.

Thanks for viewing
If you didn't see, there was already a response about this on burtgasem's thread, here's what it said:
@2778564 wrote:
Hello,

The issue isn't with the server itself, its with the connection being provided by the data center. This is something we don't have control over past reporting it to our provider. Assuming they are telling the truth, they are working on the issue. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for when the issue will be fixed.
@4773143 wrote:
If you didn't see, there was already a response about this on burtgasem's thread, here's what it said:
@2778564 wrote:
Hello,

The issue isn't with the server itself, its with the connection being provided by the data center. This is something we don't have control over past reporting it to our provider. Assuming they are telling the truth, they are working on the issue. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for when the issue will be fixed.

Darkpsy's response was to this:

"I've gotten fed up with all of the lag on that server. I've died 3 times in a row from lagging and getting killed by a zombie

PLEASE! Fix the lag issue!

Meantime, I wish to get a replacement for my stuff that I lose and likely lost."

No one is talking about server lag in this thread. He was asking why server restarts happen at the time they do, and why there is no notice of them ahead of time.
@426160 wrote:

No one is talking about server lag in this thread. He was asking why server restarts happen at the time they do, and why there is no notice of them ahead of time.

True, but if you ever went on the server anymore, you'd see that lag is a big catalyst of the issue. I was online at the time period dteandy is describing, and it was lag that caused most people to leave(block breaking took about 10 tries, major rubber banding, etc), even before a server restart
The downtime yesterday was not intentional, I am sorry about the inconvenience it caused.

I can assure that except for more critical issues, admins try to do maintenance during less busy times.

Regarding dark's quote, while it is applicable to a certain type of lag, it was not applicable to the lag preceding the downtime yesterday. Unfortunately, lag can be a symptom for multiple problems.
Sorry for being off topic, but dragons,p you are an owner, you can only have 1 tag.....
@1787762 wrote:
Sorry for being off topic, but dragons,p you are an owner, you can only have 1 tag.....

Modern's an owner, Modern does what Modern wants.
@2077764 wrote:
@1787762 wrote:

lmao!
@2077764 wrote:
@1787762 wrote:

says the guy with 7 tags

jk jacky