Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Server Down?
Started by Unknown User

Does anyone know why the server is down? For many weeks now, we have endured much lag. Have dealt with Proxy issues and rampant disconnects. Can someone please permanently FIX the problems with Pearl and give an ETA when it may be back online and stable to play without lag and the rampant disconnects? It is getting to the point that it is almost unplayable.
If you look around the forum, you will find the lag is not a problem with Pearl itself. All of the Minetown servers are being impacted by route issues. We can try to tweak things on our side, on our machines, but we do not own the datacenter or the lines coming into it.

About Pearl being down, one of the maintenance systems tied up a restart. I have been busy elsewhere most of the day, but I'll look into this soon (or will have already by the time you read this).

I am sorry about the inconvenience, I am bothered as well that we're not providing better service currently.
I tried to log in at 7:30am this morning. I posted the thread around 3:00pm. The first admin reply to this thread was around 5:30 pm. Is there any way that when a server is offline, we can notify an admin when it happens? That is a long time for a server to be down before an admin seems to become aware of it.
Pearl is back up and should be back to uninterrupted restarts.

Normally if cyber is unable to handle something, I'll be on soon enough that it's not more than a couple hours of downtime. While not the best answer, it is the most I can say for the moment. There's things I wish to do to improve in this sort of area though, for all of Minetown's servers.