Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I want to rant about the Lag on Agharta!
Started by [E] Burt

In all honestly, it's probably not the ground entities, and I'm pretty sure that the server is plenty powerful enough to host everything. There are alot of other things to come into play, such as the connection the host is giving the server hardware (should be fine), possible chunk errors (new map, shouldn't have many, if any.), and the main lag causing factor: Java.
God did it.
Try to join the server when the motd is orange like this:

c8214db879.png
It was me.

I am the lag.

I am the one who lags...
well jared, you cant quite say that, you guys are saying Minetown is infamous.for lag, but then you say it's because of java. There is actually nothing that can be achieved by this topic, and actually the rubber banding problem can be completely client side/computed/router side. When my bandwidth drops considerably, i being to rubber band on any game i try.

Yeah, I don't believe ground entities are it either, but i'm saying its one of the small fixes for the very few amount there are, beyond hardware.
Oh but I did say that. You forget that the server is also running java. See, I've logged on to the server from some custom built machines in the shop that I work at with 16g of performance DDR3, an i5-3570k processor, with two GTX770's running SLI, from a 20m connection up and down, do 70+ fps in-game on other servers, and have *still* had lag issues. Sure, if you have a crappy laptop, of course you're gonna have a bad time, and Optifine can help considerably on client side issues, but once again, client side lag isn't the main issue. It's admirable that you're trying to defend the server, but there are issues with lag that we don't have with other servers. I'm not saying that it makes Minetown just a horrible place. When you have a server as large as this one, there's bound to be some bugs, but you can't possibly try to tell me that what we're experiencing is just client side lag.

I'm done discussing this here before it turns into a hot debate thread that doesn't need to happen.
I was on and off the server yesterday and was experiencing massive block lag.... way worse than normal which is frustrating. The chat was filled with everyone on experiencing the same problems. I was booted off at least a dozen times and do to the lag dies and lost everything including my horse.

I get that servers will have issues. I do not get why members are being attacked for pointing them out? In Agharta I have learned to accept some lag and occasional losses because of it, but I am shocked at how this issue is being responded to <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

Simply addressing the issue, validating it, and explaining why it happens or discussing that it does happen on occasion, sometimes worse than others would have been much appreciated as to being talked down too.

All that being said kudos Jared on gripping about such a frustrating issue without attack.

Alec learn manners, they will take you far in life! :fix:
This is the only server I have joined at this point and really enjoy all the players on Agharta. They really are good people trying to make the game an enjoyable place for everyone that comes to Agharta, I have seen players that haven't been on the server very long give a helping hand just like they received when they started. Even when the guest is not very considerate(Props Ants!), they are patient with them and try to help as best they can giving them a place to stay, materials, tools, armor, etc. That being said, I hope that there is some way that the staff can help with this problem, not just make excuses, and attack members, I'm all for accepting flaws in a game or server, and especially my computer if that is the problem. Does the server not have a reasonable connection? Where is the bottleneck? I'm thrilled that we have a server that most would envy, but if it isn't working well, then what's the point? I want to stay here, I like my neighbors.
Hello,

The issue isn't with the server itself, its with the connection being provided by the data center. This is something we don't have control over past reporting it to our provider. Assuming they are telling the truth, they are working on the issue. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for when the issue will be fixed.
maybe the server should add clear lag