Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I want to rant about the Lag on Agharta!
Started by [E] Burt

I've gotten fed up with all of the lag on that server. I've died 3 times in a row from lagging and getting killed by a zombie

PLEASE! Fix the lag issue!

Meantime, I wish to get a replacement for my stuff that I lose and likely lost.
ever scream in an empty forest? same thing
The lag can be a pain, but knowing there is lag one has to be resourceful. Although I do hope they fix it, we also have to adapt.
90% of the time it is completely client side. So please, google your own problems before you scream and point fingers. If you do not have it already, get Optifine. The only way to fix lag would most likely be of 2 ways.

Lag Cleaner's or such:

remove all ground entities, such as things you drop or farm drops. Which i'm sure you would love because you would lose all of your stuff when you died often.

A new, and better server:

Currently Minetown has it's own independent and very expensive sevrer that many servers wish they could. So unless you could provide a few thousand dollars, not much can be done.
@739033 wrote:
90% of the time it is completely client side. So please, google your own problems before you scream and point fingers. If you do not have it already, get Optifine. The only way to fix lag would most likely be of 2 ways.

Lag Cleaner's or such:

remove all ground entities, such as things you drop or farm drops. Which i'm sure you would love because you would lose all of your stuff when you died often.

A new, and better server:

Currently Minetown has it's own independent and very expensive sevrer that many servers wish they could. So unless you could provide a few thousand dollars, not much can be done.

Oh boy are you not right, he didn't state what kind of lag he got. If it is frame-rate lag it is obviously client side, however if he is rubber banding, breaking a block multiple times, etc. it is most likely server side.

Minetown is infamous for lag.
Gotmilk is talking very much for true and is correct. Minetown's server side lag has improved a lot from way back when, but it still very much exists.
Sometimes i can't even log on for a few Mins before I lose connection, and i've played on other servers right after and works fine.
Sometimes i can't even log on for a few Mins before I lose connection, and i've played on other servers right after and works fine.
the website lags so bad that it makes you post twice fix it pls
yes i'm aware of rubber banding and block lag, hence why i addressed it, another way to fix it would be to buy a larger and more powerful server to host our server.

This is the one thing you could complain about and never get any results. because there is little to nothing we can do.

Lag cleaners, and new servers.

It seems that you guys completely ignored my second part of my post.