Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Harassing Newbs
Started by [E] ProtonMurphy

Recently I've noticed several users (xXEvericeXx, Coffrey, Kolllu, Brisque, others...) either venturing into GW to kill guests or tricking people (again mostly guests) into warping to remote locations with the promise of gold/items and then instead killing them.

I'm putting this on the forums because honestly, I'm unclear exactly what the rules of the server are regarding this. Sure these are PVP areas but this group is intentionally targeting players who are not familiar with the game or server and repeatedly harassing them.

So, you make a noob mad -- we all enjoy messing with people from time to time, but here's why I believe this is a bigger problem then it may first appear:

1) Guests are our future users - again I don't have the facts but I would guess that new user donations, and the subsequent donations they make, are what keep this place alive and growing. If we allow our less mature users to consistently harass guests and new members, it will simply drive people away -- I have no doubt of this.

2) The chat explodes everytime this happens. Person A kills Person B. Person B complains that they want <item> back. Person A kills Person B again. A mod/admin gets called in. Commence twenty minutes of bickering over who did what to who and whether it was allowed or not.

This annoys everyone on the server and yet again makes us all look terrible to incoming users who join just in time to see one of these little outbursts. I love it on this server but if the first time I joined was earlier today when the bickering was at full throttle, I doubt very much that I would have sought to become a full member.

So that's my piece. I'd be extremely interested to hear what you guys think about this, I know we have rules about harassment and such but they're not 100% clear to me and it seems like they may not be clear to other users either.

Thanks guys.

-Proton
Hey what have i ever done you?! Why didnt you include my name there?!

Anyway.. Im not harrasing people in the Guest World, im PvPing there with my faction then someone kills one of our own. Otherwise, i only attack if attacked, feeling threatned or when someone is very annoying..

And the bitching you were talking about, was then xXEvericeXx murdered iiRexi on iiRexi's propperty over and over again, breaking 2 rules. This was done in the normal world. Watch out for this guy as he kills you many times and drops your items at spawn.

So the bitching in the chat was a very annoying guy with many complaints going on his casual rampage. Im sorry that you had to be vitness to this. Normaly, its only the onec you allready put in your list, + Tederus..
Kill a guy in guest world, fair game. Mods and Admins know that guest world is free reign. It is essentially hell.

In regular world, do not continuously harass people, otherwise I jail you for a bit and mute you.
Oki, your too quick with the muting command.. You shouldent be allowed to have it.. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

But could you redo the main protection for Havendir? And name is Havendir insted of what jallaf named it?
Done, its renamed
-_-

I never go into GW for starters and secondly... I did the warp gold thing like 2 times but i made sure to give peoples stuff back including protonmurphy? And im the one who tried to stop it in the end by putting lava on the warp so people couldnt go there to trick people so i dont think u should have added my name to that list? And rexxy is the guy who made it and does it the most?

And its kinda funny that proton murphy was saying how people were moaning about there stuff back and spamming when it was him too?

thirdly, it wasnt harrassment, nearly everyone thought it was funny and tried it themselves and i personally got to know some new guests and become friendly with them during being attacked myself at warp gold.

proton murphys just peeved cos he fell for it too much.
So your the reason i lost all my stuff? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object>

Btw, you sould get ridd of the lava before it gets reported, cause its not allowed to block a warp..
ProtonMurphy wrote:

1) Guests are our future users - again I don't have the facts but I would guess that new user donations, and the subsequent donations they make, are what keep this place alive and growing. If we allow our less mature users to consistently harass guests and new members, it will simply drive people away -- I have no doubt of this.

2) The chat explodes everytime this happens. Person A kills Person B. Person B complains that they want <item> back. Person A kills Person B again. A mod/admin gets called in. Commence twenty minutes of bickering over who did what to who and whether it was allowed or not.

I agree with this, I already thought about it before... I know we probably lose some guests because they get killed... but at the same time I don't know whats the average opinion on PVP... I guess I will make a poll or something about disactivating PvP in GW...

And I guess I need to make more signs at the GW spawn... "No rules" seems unclear for some >_>

And the anti pvp flag will be applied to the entire minetown(spawn town) in the future. Right now the spawn is divided into multiple regions, so it makes it harder to deal with.
Thanks for the reply Sawine. I really wasn't posting this to attack the players participating, but rather to clear up exactly what standard we should all be holding ourselves to. I know a lot of the players are younger and everyone likes to mess around, but that doesn't mean we can't have some tact while we play.

When I joined the server there was no GW and honestly, that was probably a good thing as I instead had to spend my time checking out all the awesome creations that showed me why Minetown was awesome.

Now GW is a desolate hell from which no man returns =P

Perhaps no PVP there would benefit our new users. Other users seeking a fight have an endless number of places in the normal world to accomplish that, so it should not prove a hindrance to anyone's fun.

Final words: I'm not saying we should yell at people or ban pvp or anything crazy... but if we could get the message out to people that we should help guests (not beat the crap out of them) it could benefit the server as a whole.

PS: Coffeey, I didn't "fall" for it. Anyone with half a brain knows that going to /warp gold for "free goldz!!!!" is a deathtrap. I will admit though I warped there to kill you and instead got pwned. So hats off to you on your pvp skills but stop using them on noobs! (and me =P)
A poll on our thoughts of griefing is a good idea. Im sick of hearing about GW and people being killed all the time. I feel sorry for the guests as they just want to explore a new server that they may join. Im glad I was not put off by idiots in guest world <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x