Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Using jail system and courts
Started by [E] zdeathclock

Mister Pink wrote:
While on paper it look amazing, you must think of the implication. That mean that a admin or sawine would have to use time for that.... a thing that can take 1 min on a forum become bigger ingame. You must find ppl too for jury.... not anyone will be impartial...

^This, plus the witness and such would have to be online, it could become complicated.
Could i apply for judge I am unbiased and if a friend turned up i would pass to a fellow juror to remain Unbias and am a very levelheaded user so would give fair sentences and fines
You realize the majority of people who get perma banned, which is a huge number btw, get banned for griefing or stealing, with irrefutable evidence (logs).

This would be great if this server was still really under an rp category for play trials. But for real punishments it's a waste of time, effort, and would be a mess to organize for the sake of someone who will probably go off and steal some more blocks later or during the trial, be a troll the whole time. All the while the ban appeal takes little to no time or effort beyond checking logs and communication between mods.

The Jury, even if selected from online players, wouldnt want to stop what they're doing for a griefer. I wouldnt, I'd probably log off and grab some lunch before wasting my time.

The Lawyers, mods, admin, ect.... Have better things to do with their time and other obligations no one wants to have them put on hold

The Judge, sawine or admin, Most definitely has better things to do.

Hell, every player has better things to do, even if it were volunteer based, we may have one or two people willing to do (some) of the positions and they'd probably be either unqualified to make a decision or they'd just be a troll or, frankly, stupid.

The big issues about doing a 'public trial' is getting everyone involved online and able to devote their full attention to the issue at the same time. This is what ban appeals are for. The issue is resolved either in the appeal, or via PM on the forum with the involved people so it can be dealt with in a timely manner that allows for people with schedule conflicts to be able to work together. Also, a trial system would just take too much time away from the little time the staff has for doing everything else they are responsible for. Also, if it is public, everyone is going to want to throw in their 2 and a half cents when it may have nothing to do with them. We have enough fun trying to deal with that in the ban appeals already...now multiply that by 100 users all talking at once in chat...

The idea itself is not a bad one, just not a very productive use of the amount of time it would take.
the main thing im wondering is, why did you necro this forum? lawl. I still think its a good idea, but i could see some problems with it now. This forums was made like, 5 months ago
Good idea, not thought thru so well.
Woah super necro, i'll lock this x