Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Veterans Day Tribute
Started by [E] MegaZapboy

Here I have attached my Veterans Day tribute. I hope you enjoy.
Then there's my school that still runs during veteran's day... -.- nice build though
Bump
@739033 wrote:
Then there's my school that still runs during veteran's day... -.- nice build though

How dare they not give former child soldiers the day off!
Well its not about that, I see it as we arent showing our condolences to those who have passed and out gratitude to those who serve and have served. My family is nearly 90% 8 - 12 year active duty veterans and they were all offended.
As a veteran myself, I see no reason to close school for Veteran's Day. There are no religious aspects to it, no big time consuming ceremonies people are expected to take part in, and no respectable servicemen would never ask anyone to do more than just take a moment out of their day to think about and respect the sacrifices that have been made for them. All that takes is a simple PA announcement by the school or few minutes of the 6-7 hours most, if not all kids have at home after school.
Was it a private school? I can't remember if I was ever out of school for it but I know Many federal employees and military were off. I figured public schools would be just as they are on Memorial Day.
public hah
how do i join the creative servers