Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New amplified server possibility
Started by [E] Minecr_ft

Is there going to be a possibility for a new amplified server?

I haven't actually sat down and played minecraft for a few months now, and with the new world generation, I was just wondering if there will be a new server specifically for the amplified terrain generation? It'd be pretty cool to see this on the server and get me excited to play the game again.
I see one major issue, servers are generally lagger than SP, and amplified is laggy in SP, so I doth think that it would be a pleasant experience
@1787762 wrote:
I see one major issue, servers are generally lagger than SP, and amplified is laggy in SP, so I doth think that it would be a pleasant experience

Amplified is only laggy in the terms of FPS. All it really is, is the height map being set to 256 for all biomes instead of their typical method. So in order to reduce generation lag we would just have to generate the terrain and limit how far out a player can travel. After that all lag you experience will be pretty much on your end.
@2571215 wrote:
@1787762 wrote:

Amplified is only laggy in the terms of FPS. All it really is, is the height map being set to 256 for all biomes instead of their typical method. So in order to reduce generation lag we would just have to generate the terrain and limit how far out a player can travel. After that all lag you experience will be pretty much on your end.

I just think, from having to connect, plus the lag, it would be worse than a normal server. Now, I don't think it would be horrible, but we should warn players that they need a good computer to play without reasonable lag
As Nanakisan said, this is most about the land generation. Once the land is generated out though, there would be approx same amount of lag as a normally generated world. If you can play the other servers fine, then you'd be able to play amplified fine.

If you play singleplayer, then your system's processes have to both create and render the chunks. On multiplayer, your client only needs to download and render, the server takes care of the creation/generation process. So the biggest factor for multiplayer is less about being "amplified", but more how well a client machine handles normal block update activity.
I think it would be a grand idea.
@4174919 wrote:
I think it would be a grand idea.

79a.gif
I'm up for this
Id Play <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I'd like to see one! :pig: