Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Small Suggestion for Agharta Server - Duplicate Books
Started by [E] FlakePlaysMC

I think a simple plugin to dupe books would be a great addition to the server.

I want to write a town charter for a settlement I'm working on, but there is no way of duplicating the book short of re-writing it all by hand.

Any chance for some sort of duplicate book function? for example, if you have an unused book and quill in your inventory, you hold the book you wish to dupe and type /duplicatebook and one of those spare book and quills will be replaced with another copy? you could even charge for it out of the admin shop/credit shop.

I think it'd be a great idea and I hope you look into it.

- OF.
As a matter of fact, I just did the hard work for you!

Please do implement, this took a bit of time and is a practically lag free but very useful feature!

Here's the source: http://www.mediafire.com/?04hfjh1haelxo3o

Note I have not compiled for you. After all, just using random, precompiled plugins from people you barely know (or do know for that matter) is a very bad idea.

All developed and tested with the latest dev of bukkit, 1.6.4 compatible.

If a user users book copy in creative, the book is copied without any cost to the user, so it's useful for mods/ops etc.

If a user users book copy in survival, the book is copied only if the user has a spare book and quill in their inventory. this book and quill is destroyed and replaced with the new copy of the book.

There are of course safeguards coded in: can't use from console, tries to remove the book/quill first before granting the new book, if the inventory ends up full somehow, the book is dropped by the users feet.

The one and only command used is /BookCopy and it requires no plugins or dependencies, it is completely bukkit based.
They are actually planning a to release a normal gameplay way to duplicate books in 1.7. We may just wait for the release, but i will take a look into the plugins in case mojang derps once more.
Im not a fan of downloading things over forums, but I found this for you:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/bookdupe/