Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MECH/FUN] War v1.5.1 (MacArthur) - Minecraft TDM & CTF [740-798]
Started by [E] dead [1]

War lets you create warzones, arenas that host team deathmatch and capture-the-flag battles.

Features:

•As a player, you get a fast-paced PVP experience in SMP. ◦Join a battle by entering through the warzone lobby. There is one gate per team (team diamond, gold or iron): step in to join that team.

◦Your inventory is saved when you join a battle, and restored when you exit.

◦When you die inside a warzone, you get instantly teleported back to your spawn, and one life is taken from your team's life pool. When that pool runs out, the other teams score a point!

◦Steal the enemy team flag to score for your team.

◦Fight over monuments, control points that, when captured, restore health to your teammates.

•As a warzone maker, you have total control. ◦Take advantage cool landscape features or existing player-build structures and incorporate them in new warzones.

◦Tons of options: friendly-fire, auto-assign, turn off PVP outside warzones, define respawn loadouts specific to each zone, turn players' heads into team-colored blocks instead of giving them team-colored helmets, and more!

•All the blocks in a zone are reset at the end of every battle.

•Players are prevented from entering or leaving a zone - except through the designated warzone lobby - by a magic glass wall.

•A warhub can be created to link all your zones together.

Download here : https://github.com/downloads/taoneill/war/War%20v1.5.1%20-%20MacArthur.zip

how to install : http://war.tommytony.com/instructions#install

•v1.5.1 - MacArthur - updated ◦At last, I admitted defeat and pushed off solving most performance issues until next version.

◦Cuboid warzones: /setzone now has three modes that can be mixed-and-matched ■Wand-Cuboid modeType "/setzone ziggy" (or "/setzone ziggy wand"). ■You'll receive a wooden sword. Left-click to place the first corner. Right-click to place the second cuboid corner.

■Drop the sword to deactivate warzone setting and resizing.

■Wandless-Cuboid mode ■At one extremity, type "/setzone ziggy corner1" (or c1 or pos1 instead of "corner1").

■At the other end, type "/setzone ziggy corner2" (or c2/pos2).

■Make sure to remember what corner is where!

■Classic Northwest/Southeast mode ■The old "/setzone ziggy <nw/se>" mode is still supported.

■By default, the Northwest corner becomes corner1 (with corner1 at the top block, y=127). ■i.e, to bring down the roof of a classic warzone, go to the Northwest corner at the desired height and type "/setzone ziggy c1".

■By default, the Southeast corner becomes corner2 (with corner2 at the bottom block, y=0). ■i.e, to bring up the floor of a classic warzone, go to the Southeast corner at the desired height and type "/setzone ziggy c2".

■Using nw/se to resize a cuboid warzone will not change the height of its corners.

◦Detachable lobbies ■With the new cuboid mode, lobbies now automatically appear at mid-height of the cuboid (i.e. not necessarily at the surface anymore). This makes their positioning more predictable. From within a warzone, you can still use "/setzonelobby <north/south/west/east>" to change which wall the lobby is attached to.

■When outside a warzone, type "/setzonelobby <warzone-name>" to detach the lobby form the warzone's wall and place it where you are standing.

■In general, lobbies should cause a lot less headaches and reset properly (I can't make any promises for the warhub, though).

◦Workaround for the kicked-for-moving-too-quickly bug that occurred when people in warzones died in lava. I bluntly prevent them from getting kicked now.

◦No more glass warzone outlines on the ground. As zonemaker, use "/zonemaker" to bring up the magic walls to help you.

◦Various smaller additions and fixes ■Can't capture the flag of team with no members (thanks SuperYoshi!)

■Configurable health bonus for monuments (thanks SuperYoshi!)

■Can't score if only players in one team

■No more FF message when arrows bounce back onto you

■Zonemakers, when on a team in a warzone, will see magic walls (they used to be able to just step out).

■Zonemakers can now edit the blocks on the edges of warzones

■Added "/zm" alias for "/zonemaker"

■Made War /reload friendly

■Added "/unloadwar" and "/loadwar" commands. Unfortunately, in its current state, "/unloadwar" doesn't free up all the memory used by warzones, only part of it. The only true performance fix you have for now is to remove warzones from the "plugins/War/war.txt" file so that they don't get loaded when you reboot your server.

■When people log-out mid-game and the server shuts down, their inventory now gets properly reset (thanks to a Craftbukkit update).

■The warzone friendlyfire setting should now be written to disk properly.

◦I'll be updating the instructions page today to better explain the new commands. I'll also cobble together a new youtube video.

◦UPDATE: Sorry everyone. I didn't test lobbies properly after adding the detached option. Everything should be better now.

WE NEED THIS
This is actually really laggy
This is my kind of stuff!
Is it worth all the lag? This type of plugin was made for smaller servers. If one the size of minetown tries it, no one would be able to build anymore.