Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MultiVerse Problem
Started by [E] sawine

Hello,

Lately with the addition of guestworld the server kinda started acting up. You probally noticed those "Socket Read Timed Out" error messages.

I looked around for few days and I finally got answered on the mutiverse mirc channel by someone on the project.

"4 worlds are too much for one thread"

This is not a server hardware limitation, our server could handle more than 10 worlds if everything would work well...

It's a plugin limitation. The current version 1.6.4 execute all the worlds on the same thread. It's like we have the charge of 4 worlds onto 1. This is causing problems.

The author of the plugin is working on version 2.0, he intend to implement multiple thread.

No ETA is given.

Until then we have a decision to make and I decided that I would let the community vote on the topic.

We would have to disable 1 world or maybe even 2 in the worst case scenario.

There is also a second option of hosting another server and using server to server portals, but this include configuration so server chat and player lists stay linked and etc..

Please vote:

Change it so we can choose multiple options?
Reggief wrote:
Change it so we can choose multiple options?

In the worst case scenario, that is unlikely to happen, the second world with the less votes would be chosen.
ehh, I have so much netherrack and glowstone (not really glowstone, but I dont use it). Plus, the nether kinda kills me a lot o.o hey! next update (which is coming not soon) we don't need multiverse for nether anyway!
disable all?
NO DANIEL i like the few guests that do play, it gives more variety on the chat bar (cus it has <GW>)
Disable nether completely for sure. NOONE goes in there lol. Just add netherrack to admin shop.

I would say remove War world for weekends or something maybe. Or events. But if Just one, def nether. second choice for me is guest world. Although people are in there alot more then WW
No one uses Nether except for mining Netherrack. all the glow stone is either gone or you cant mine it for some reason. there is nothing else but slow sand and we can just make a nether store and delete the Nether Entirely. besides the Nether is griefed and destroyed to hell. <--- Pun