Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Is it.... only me?
Started by [E] Idellechi

At first, I thought the reason my skin wouldnt show on Minetown was because it was because of my name length... but I tried jumping on some other servers and my skin works just fine! See, the thing is, I see my skin on my client but no one else does- I appear as steve on minetown! But on other servers, even on the Enjin Characters network my skin shows up! So, im so confused. What's going on, how do I fix this?
Did you disguise yourself?
Nope. Don't have my staff powers anymore.
It's because of Minetown's rename plugin. It gives the name tag above your head color and bolds it. But some names cut off, then when it searches for the skin, it searches for the cut off name. Which is almost always steve.

This has been brought up many times in staff chat, I believe they are looking to disable that feature.
Ah, thanks a bunch Gotmilk!

Also, tried to email Mojang about changing my name or getting a key for a new account but I wasnt able to... ^^l
@1141399 wrote:

Also, tried to email Mojang about changing my name or getting a key for a new account but I wasnt able to... ^^l

I believe Jeb mentioned in one of his tweets - That you will be able to change the name of your characters, but your minecraft ID will stay the same.

Like, if I wanted Gotmilk, I could have it, but when I donated and stuff, I would type gotmilk54445.
@1141399 wrote:

They did say it may be possible in the future for me although <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
@1141399 wrote:

And by the way, Mob Disguise is now a donater perk. I am sure you have it with $300.
@795855 wrote:
@1141399 wrote:

And by the way, Mob Disguise is now a donater perk. I am sure you have it with $300.

I actually just learned that today! ^^; And nope, not disguised
@795855 wrote:
It's because of Minetown's rename plugin. It gives the name tag above your head color and bolds it. But some names cut off, then when it searches for the skin, it searches for the cut off name. Which is almost always steve.

This has been brought up many times in staff chat, I believe they are looking to disable that feature.

Wait, just another question... Can I remove my nickname and be fine with my skin showing?