Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Spawn Park Project
Started by [E] CidHighwind

Ive been working on turning the area where I mine into a park, ala Central Park. This is appropriate considering how close it is to Spawn Town, and how quickly Spawn is growing. Its a very large area which I am slowly clearing, flattening (the current area is unnaturally raised around 20 blocks too high). I will re-do the landscaping once the area is the proper height.

Theres three parts to this project:

1. The park itself, and the artificial landscaping involved, what I am working on now.

2. A dungeon/labyrinth accessibly by a castle in the middle of the park, extending deep into the earth. I have lots of ideas to make it challenging. I will incorporate a warp system for each floor, using a lock password (unless a new plugin offers a better way in the future)

3. A second tier to the park, a floating island, chained above "spawn park" by huge chains, complete with ruins. Not accessible by warp, climbing or other means after protection. You must survive the dungeon to get there. Once you get the the first time, you can use the backdoor.

This is a lot of work, and will likely take months, but please refrain from building in this area (see attachment) Location is the continent SW of spawn, S of Sphere. Actual landspace may vary, depending on how much room Cryston may need for Sphere expansion, I can work with him on this.

Ideas are welcome!
I have some plans for expansion but not too much just making some nice landscaped pathways to the sphere. This sounds like a great idea and i hope you can follow through on all you posted here.
Well, it wont be easy, but I have the plans, and perhaps I can hire help to do a lot of the grunt work. I saw one of your pathways today, and It should be easy enough to work them into the park cleanly.
Project is underway. I have an absolutely massive amount of landclearing and undermining necessary to make the continent the proper height and get rid of the shear cliff caused by a worldgen error on every side. Aside from that, I've deforested 75% of the area, and cleared around 5%. Several of my friends are willing to help and have several ideas I'd like to implement. As soon as one gets his internet back, I'll use my friend passes for each of them.
don't get rid of the cliffs, have a path up there with water at the bottom, have a cliff diving attraction <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>