Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Help Me Fix My Phone?
Started by [E] matt9522 [1]

Before I go any farther, I would just like to note that I did read the forum rules just to make sure that there is nothing against this, and there is not. Not that I am aware of, anyway.

I would also like to not that I am extremely ashamed that I have to resort to this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

ANYWAY, the other day I spent my last $50 on a concert that I was really looking forward to. I got there and had a great time until half way through, some guy pushes me with my phone in my hand, and sends me flying. Unfortunately, it sent my phone flying farther, resulting in the picture you see below. When I went up to the guy and tried to confront him about it, he merely said, "Tough luck, s*** happens," and ran off into the crowd, leaving me with a broken phone. Now I am not going to give you guys a sob story, but I'm in a bit of a tough situation, financially speaking, and I do not have, nor do I have a method of obtaining the $100 I need to get this phone fixed through Verizon's insurance. I could REALLY use any help any of you guys can give me. If you can't, or don't want to, that is fine, I won't hold anything against anybody, as I know not everybody is rich, and can just give out money. But, if you happen to have a spare dollar or two, and can help me out, I would appreciate it SO much.

If you are able to help at all, here is a donation link to donate to my paypal account. I will post the total amount donated here every day, so people know exactly how much has been donated, and, if I somehow manage to get the $100, they will not continue to try and help after I have enough to get my phone fixed.

I'm sorry, but this isn't allowed. However I wish you luck in getting this solved. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Thank you all so much for even taking the time to read this, any help is greatly appreciated and I am incredibly thankful.

Total Raised: $0
Get a nokia?
Have you tried turning it off & on again?
Awaiting a passing-by forum mod to hide your link, <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

That's not allowed, and if I had any money, I'd probably help ya out, sorry <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
i want too become, a chunky beef boy <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":-)">:-)</object>
Several times...the LCD screen is damaged, and it can't be fixed by tuning it on and off....and the only reason I'm doing it through insurance is because my deductible is $100. To buy a new LCD screen and glass screen is $150 :\
Well, its really "impossible" to fix it, but id try googling it, sometimes you can find guides on how to replace the screen, then just buy the parts online, save a bundle.
@1787762 wrote:
Well, its really "impossible" to fix it, but id try googling it, sometimes you can find guides on how to replace the screen, then just buy the parts online, save a bundle.

Its really not impossible if it is only the screen... It's fairly easy, as long as you're gentle.
@2901096 wrote:
@1787762 wrote:

Its really not impossible if it is only the screen... It's fairly easy, as long as you're gentle.

Im saying that you will have to replace it, you ant fix what you already have.
It's not impossible, it's not even hard, really. If it was just my glass screen that was broken, I'd EASILY do it myself, and yes, I do know how to repair phone screens for most phones. To buy a glass screen, it costs $30, as opposed to the "getting it fixed through insurance" option which costs $100. Unfortunately, the glass screen is broken, and so is the LCD screen. To buy both online, it would cost me $150-200. So I'm just going to get my phone replaced through insurance for $100, once I finally earn it :L