Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] NOTICE: All New Prison Server Players

As you know, when you start off at the prison server, you receive a book explaining the rules of the server. However, it is clear to me and many others that most of you ignore the rules completely and then wonder why we mute/jail you after you have gone against said rules; many of you who do end up receiving our punishments rant to us both in global and in /tell messages saying that we are horrible people, that we do not do our jobs correctly, etc. etc.

The only thing I can explain to you is that the book is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN RECEIVE ON THE PRISON SERVER! And as it seems the growing population fails to notice this, and the fact I receive more and more messages regarding why we take your swords or why we have to kill you, a simple breakdown is in order.

RULE 1: No swearing or ALL CAPS. Use the swear filter.

This is quite self-explanatory. When you use vulgarity, in other words, adult language, the words are then changed to words like Chocolate and Pie. This is not an issue on your side, this is a swear filter that changes the words, as no one wants to be called the real thing. However, to spam chat over and over with "Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate..." and even spamming with "dahfkjldsfjadsklf" over and over, is means of getting you muted. It's not cool nor funny to mess around with offensive language or to joke around and use the swear filter to your advantage like saying "Boy, I like Chocolate" because we know what is implied there.

RULE 2: Respect both staff and other players!

We get it, it's a Prison RP server and we know that as a Prisoner riots are going to break out and players are going to be caught in the middle of it. When we jail you for what seems like no reason, it is usually because either:

1. You didn't hand over your weapon when we asked you to (swords/bows/damage potions as well as drugs are what we ask for)

2. You engaged in WAY too much PvP

However, respecting both staff/players also refers back to rule 1. Calling us rude names, is by no means going to get your far. Also, trying to do a staff's job will have you warned. If you wish to help the staff, the best thing to do is... Nothing at all! Don't get engaged in PvP and if there's something major to report, report it here on the forums. We don't need you asking for weapons and such as this is our job and yours is merely to have fun and rank up to freedom and not worry about such things.

RULE 3: Absolutely no safe zone camping!

What this means is if you sit in the Bank area or the Shop area (safe areas are marked in BLUE WOOL) and swing at players in the PvP zones marked in RED WOOL, you are hurting other players' experiences while ensuring that no one can stop you. When we ask you to move out of the safezones, it is because you are going back and forth between zones, killing or hurting us or other players repeatedly. If you fail to do so, we will jail you as this removes the fun from of the player experience. How much fun would you have if someone sat at the spawn safezone and made sure you were unable to make it back to the warp signs?

RULE 4: Do not use hacks cheats or exploits!

This refers to using mods such as x-ray as well as finding ways outside of the prison. Using x-ray allows you to find ores faster, but it also takes away other player's abilities to do so. Let's say you wanted to mine diamonds and an x-rayer was taking them all. You would be left with nothing and would search endlessly in the obsidian mine to no avail! Using mods like this are a reason to be BANNED from the Prison Server. As for finding ways outside of the prison, it's also not fair to others to personally exploit a way to escape while everyone else works hard to rank their ways up to freedom. If you suspect anyone of hacking or finding ways outside of the prison, please notify us immediately (Remember: you can take pictures of the evidence by using the F2 button)!

RULE 5: No advertising or asking for ranks

Advertising the ip address to other servers is a rule that follows on all of Minetown's servers and will result in an immediate ban. It's great to have your own server, but this is not the place to let others know of it, nor is the place on the Minetown forums. As for asking for ranks, saying "how do I become guard?" in the chat will most likely have us redirect you to the proper spot on the forums. Repeating over and over in chat "How do I become guard?" will not increase your chances of becoming one and spamming it will have you muted. If you want to become an Officer/Sergeant for Minetown apply at the link below (note: this will not get you promoted immediately; we will consider first if you would be a good choice for the position):

Click here!

RULE 6: No contraband items or PvP

Contraband is another word for saying that something is illegal. These items are swords, bows, potions of damage, and drugs. If we catch you holding these items, we will ask for them which will either end nicely with you handing them over, or result in killing you (If you are in a PvP zone) or jailing you (If you are in a safezone). Being under the influence of drugs will result in an instant jail. As for PvP, we understand that in a prison environment, PvP is bound to occur. However, if staff catch you doing so, we will either engage you ourselves in PvP or jail you if you run to safezones and do not come back out.

As stated at the end of the rules: Use your common sense, give others a good experience on the server too! It's unfair to others to allow only some players to follow the rules and let others go free; every rule applies to ALL players! With this in mind, we hope your experience on the server will be a fantastic one with a better understanding of said rules!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but guests don't visit or read anything on the Minetown forums. Therefore the vast majority of prison server players will never read this message.
I'm more satisfied knowing that it is here and available to those who actually care enough to view this post.
Now when someone said their jailed unfairly i will give them a link to this.
@961638 wrote:
As you know, when you start off at the prison server, you receive a book explaining the rules of the server. However, it is clear to me and many others that most of you ignore the rules completely and then wonder why we mute/jail you after you have gone against said rules; many of you who do end up receiving our punishments rant to us both in global and in /tell messages saying that we are horrible people, that we do not do our jobs correctly, etc. etc.

The only thing I can explain to you is that the book is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN RECEIVE ON THE PRISON SERVER! And as it seems the growing population fails to notice this, and the fact I receive more and more messages regarding why we take your swords or why we have to kill you, a simple breakdown is in order.

RULE 1: No swearing or ALL CAPS. Use the swear filter.

This is quite self-explanatory. When you use vulgarity, in other words, adult language, the words are then changed to words like Chocolate and Pie. This is not an issue on your side, this is a swear filter that changes the words, as no one wants to be called the real thing. However, to spam chat over and over with "Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate..." and even spamming with "dahfkjldsfjadsklf" over and over, is means of getting you muted. It's not cool nor funny to mess around with offensive language or to joke around and use the swear filter to your advantage like saying "Boy, I like Chocolate" because we know what is implied there.

RULE 2: Respect both staff and other players!

We get it, it's a Prison RP server and we know that as a Prisoner riots are going to break out and players are going to be caught in the middle of it. When we jail you for what seems like no reason, it is usually because either:

1. You didn't hand over your weapon when we asked you to (swords/bows/damage potions as well as drugs are what we ask for)

2. You engaged in WAY too much PvP

However, respecting both staff/players also refers back to rule 1. Calling us rude names, is by no means going to get your far. Also, trying to do a staff's job will have you warned. If you wish to help the staff, the best thing to do is... Nothing at all! Don't get engaged in PvP and if there's something major to report, report it here on the forums. We don't need you asking for weapons and such as this is our job and yours is merely to have fun and rank up to freedom and not worry about such things.

RULE 3: Absolutely no safe zone camping!

What this means is if you sit in the Bank area or the Shop area (safe areas are marked in BLUE WOOL) and swing at players in the PvP zones marked in RED WOOL, you are hurting other players' experiences while ensuring that no one can stop you. When we ask you to move out of the safezones, it is because you are going back and forth between zones, killing or hurting us or other players repeatedly. If you fail to do so, we will jail you as this removes the fun from of the player experience. How much fun would you have if someone sat at the spawn safezone and made sure you were unable to make it back to the warp signs?

RULE 4: Do not use hacks cheats or exploits!

This refers to using mods such as x-ray as well as finding ways outside of the prison. Using x-ray allows you to find ores faster, but it also takes away other player's abilities to do so. Let's say you wanted to mine diamonds and an x-rayer was taking them all. You would be left with nothing and would search endlessly in the obsidian mine to no avail! Using mods like this are a reason to be BANNED from the Prison Server. As for finding ways outside of the prison, it's also not fair to others to personally exploit a way to escape while everyone else works hard to rank their ways up to freedom. If you suspect anyone of hacking or finding ways outside of the prison, please notify us immediately (Remember: you can take pictures of the evidence by using the F2 button)!

RULE 5: No advertising or asking for ranks

Advertising the ip address to other servers is a rule that follows on all of Minetown's servers and will result in an immediate ban. It's great to have your own server, but this is not the place to let others know of it, nor is the place on the Minetown forums. As for asking for ranks, saying "how do I become guard?" in the chat will most likely have us redirect you to the proper spot on the forums. Repeating over and over in chat "How do I become guard?" will not increase your chances of becoming one and spamming it will have you muted. If you want to become an Officer/Sergeant for Minetown apply at the link below (note: this will not get you promoted immediately; we will consider first if you would be a good choice for the position):

Click here!

RULE 6: No contraband items or PvP

Contraband is another word for saying that something is illegal. These items are swords, bows, potions of damage, and drugs. If we catch you holding these items, we will ask for them which will either end nicely with you handing them over, or result in killing you (If you are in a PvP zone) or jailing you (If you are in a safezone). Being under the influence of drugs will result in an instant jail. As for PvP, we understand that in a prison environment, PvP is bound to occur. However, if staff catch you doing so, we will either engage you ourselves in PvP or jail you if you run to safezones and do not come back out.

As stated at the end of the rules: Use your common sense, give others a good experience on the server too! It's unfair to others to allow only some players to follow the rules and let others go free; every rule applies to ALL players! With this in mind, we hope your experience on the server will be a fantastic one with a better understanding of said rules!

This..
@1360052 wrote:

This..

25c.jpg