Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Cube World - Need help!
Started by [E] Landro

Hello everyone!

I recently bought Cube World (alpha) and I've unfortunately been encountering some issues.

The game works perfectly well in singleplayer. However, when I try to connect to a server, I keep getting the same error over and over again.

What I've tried:

• As suggested in this and this video, I added the files to my firewall exception.
  • I tried pausing my antivirus (Kaspersky), didn't help.
  • Tried reinstalling, didn't help.
  • Coffeey is perfectly able to connect to the server (even though he has a cracked version).
  • The servers I tried connecting to have their port forwarded to 12345, allowing players to connect.
  • There were still open slots at the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can help me get this fixed, I'll reward you with 100,000 $ mtc.

Landro
Have you tried connecting to multiple servers? I don't know what to tell you, but it could possibly be the server?
Go into OS(C:) > Program Files (x86) > Cube World and try deleting your server.cfg file. Then, open cubeworld, it will download the needed file, and try that. I had that issue for a minute as well, and did this and it worked.
I haven't got a server.cfg file apparently.

euoo79.png
Don't add the port to the end of server i.p even if the list has it, and or servers are broken, they crash alot.
I tried connecting to that server at roughly the same time as Coffeey did. He could get in, but I couldn't.

I just tried connecting to the first 10 servers on http://cubeworldserver.com/servers/ .

Didn't work. So either all 10 are down (which is unlikely), or there's something wrong on my behalf.

I've deleted my server.exe, opened the launcher, reupdated so I got my server.exe file again. Still no server.cfg after that force update.

Don't suppose you could upload your server.cfg file somewhere so I could try & download it, paste it into my folder and see if that works? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
the :12345 isnt neccasary to login as far as i have seen but here ill try to login to a server and give you exacpt ip i use and if it works for me it should work for you if not your server file isnt the issue that file is for if you want to run your own server.
Ok so i tried to find a server that worked but all of the first 20 servers i tried are down, the issue with cubeworld is server crash constantly and if they are full to the limit it gives same error as it would if you could not connect, your best bet is to get a friend to host a server or wait till they fix servers because atm you can only allocate 350mb of ram to a server or something along those lines.
Okay, thanks for taking the time patriots3332. Much appreciated.

If anyone happens to be able to log in on a working server, please contact me asap. I'd like to know if my client's the problem or not.
I'm surprised nobody of the MT community set up their own server yet.