Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MT Prison Feedback

Hey guys,

The Minetown Prison Server public release has been open for over a month now, and I am here just to ask you guys, what you think of the server so far...is it awesome and great? Is there anything you wished was different? This is the post to post all your ideas on!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this last month as much as I have, its been really fun getting to knlw you all, and that you all came to Minetown's prison server <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>. As staff we have all grown, and have become more acclimated to our jobs, and the server has grown so much, we havent seen our player count drop below 15 in the last 5 weeks, which is really something amazing.

Minetown Prison is just the start of something bigger though, I thought i'd tell you that the release of this server was just one step in the MTREvamp2013! So what I also want you to post, is what you want to see across the entire server cluster, what you think of all the changes that have been made as well.

A note regarding the revamp itself. The revamp will not be a short time thing, it will probably take until well into the fall. The main page post was mostly to get you all syked up for all the changes to come! So just because you dont see anything yet, doesn't mean it wont be coming!!

~jimbo

PS: This post in no way represents the staff of Minetown, it is merely a collection of what I already know, or have heard. It is all possible that some information will not be try, but I think it is. Please post your opinion, but if we start debating, I will ask it be locked. Just post your ideas, and if you want to discuss something further, i would post it in a new thread! Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I think staff should not be able to search you on your 3rd jail, I also agree with wawon0 that it does turn into a grind my suggestion is to lower the prices to something more manageable
@5235919 wrote:
I think staff should not be able to search you on your 3rd jail, I also agree with wawon0 that it does turn into a grind my suggestion is to lower the prices to something more manageable

The policy is, if you are jailed for contraband three times in a guard's life (or session), you can be searched and contraband will be confiscated. Swords and drugs are contraband items. Since this server is a role-playing server, not a PVP server, it mimics the inner workings of a real prison. If you're caught with contraband, you'll be confined and the items would be confiscated.

As for the prices of items, they are balanced to ensure no one goes through the prison too fast or too slow.
I don't want any issues, or arguments about this with anyone, including darkpsy, but I want to know why pvp is enabled, its...enabled for pvp, am I wrong? Players go on the prison server, whats the goal? To find the fastest way to collect money, and get free. There are probably over a hundred different ways to earn money on the prison server, we all have our own way of doing it, my way is trees, I feel that chopping trees earns me a lot of money, some mine, some deal drugs, and others...pvp. PvP is an aspect of prison, and it's hard to define wether or not there is "too much pvp"

If a player is killing a guard, and he wins..he can sell the items that he got from that guard, am I correct?

Some might bring up 300cc2, and him getting threatened to be banned if he pvp's anymore.. 300cc2 made 10k in under 10 minutes from killing a guard, and enchanting the sword more. 10k. Did he kill the guards because he could? No, he's doing what everyone else is doing, and that is earning money.

I am not stating that what I think is going is wrong because I am friends with 300. I am just as much of a friend to 300, as I am too Darkpsy, and DanniDorrito, but I am stating what I think is going on is wrong, because that's what I believe. I have yet to come across anyone with an answer other then "because we said so", and yes, I know that some times this is a very valid answer(learned that from lomanic....).

Here is what I think to be honest. Let players PvP as much as they want. They will get their consequences for Pvping, that being jailing, being searched..but not banned.

If you are going to ban someone for pvp. Disable it.

I do not want to look like an ass here at all... But thats personally how I think it should be. If you have pvp on, let them pvp, and face the ingame consequences.

I also don't want to get into an argument, I hate doing it, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there.. Thanks, and hope that it does not come off as "you guy's don't know what you are doing" type of deal.

~Madster
I think the problem occurs when some players pvp to the point where they are a detriment to the overall fun of the server.

I'm a fan of pvp being allowed in the prison "yard" and never want to see that change.

However, when certain players spend all their time pvp'ing and killing anybody they think they have a chance at killing, then it's going to create issues.

PVP is allowed on the server, but ruining another players experience is not. Just where the line in the sand should be drawn I'm not sure, but there has to be a line somewhere. Now, some players upon getting killed will scream bloody murder about how unfair it was, I'm not addressing them. They need to understand that this is prison, and sometimes in prison you catch a shanking. It's gonna happen. But it shouldn't happen over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum.
The PvP is enabled since its a RP server, where PvP is illegal, Its your choice to PvP or not, (RP) and you will be punished for it
Lets being this back, shall we?

Anyone else have any suggestions to help us improve?