Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Strip all previous skylords of the title due to golden apple change
Started by [E] notpod

The change to full gold bars instead of nuggets for golden apples is such an insane imbalance to skyblock that all previous skylords should lose the title as what they did is mere child's play to what is required under the new rule.

Which btw I can find no mention of in print anywhere, only via in game chat, then testing.

There is only 1 repeatable challenge that gives gold bars: pearlcollector

There is only 1 repeatable challenge that gives emeralds: topchef

pearlcollector reguires 15 enderpearls to get 1 gold bar. 8 gold bars to make 1 golden apple. 120 ender pearls for 1 golden apple. Most players will need to collect about 30 emeralds to get the 50 for emeraldcollector. That is 3600 ender pearls. At ~33% drop rate for pearls that is 10800 endermen that must be killed. On a average day of play I see 1-6 endermen.

That is a grind of close to 10 IRL years! TEN REAL YEARS!

The grind when it was nuggets was far less than trivial this is just plain, well skyblock ending. It is just not worth it.

This will be discussed. What will most likely happen is the challenges would be adjusted to account for the new crafting recipes.
...except fpr the fact that the skylord challenge has nothing to do with golden apples. Other challenges will be adjusted but this will have no impact as you do not need golden apples to get to the master challenges or level 1000 islands.
@752955 wrote:
...except fpr the fact that the skylord challenge has nothing to do with golden apples. Other challenges will be adjusted but this will have no impact as you do not need golden apples to get to the master challenges or level 1000 islands.

That's what I meant <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
@943739 wrote:
That is a grind of close to 10 IRL years! TEN REAL YEARS!

/quote]

Keep in mind that gold-rewardign challenges aren't the only way to obtain gold.

Gold ore is 200 CP in the shop, meaning a golden apple would cost you 1600 CP, ignoring the cost of the apple.

You'll get there a little bit faster than 10 years ^_^
Info on skyblock is vague at best. I did not even know challenges were repeatable until reading about it on another minecraft site. Discovery is part of the challenge I agree but facts being available somewhere is nice.

I did not know previously, but now from reading your post that you do not have to complete all of the challenges to WIN that is to say get the title of skylord.

I did hope to catch some attention to the plight of those attempting to skyblock mainly via the challenges with a minimum of shopping, begging for freebies, etc.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the new balanced challenges. Maybe I will pick it up again, maybe my will is just broken...