Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Astrotheide Ban Appeal
Started by [E] astrotheide

=============

Username:Astrotheide

When you were banned : Today (6/24/2013)

Person who banned you: Not 100% positive, but I think it was Ambiosis

Reason you were banned: Unknown, I hit escape when my computer froze so I was put back to the minecraft server selection screen.

Edit: Tried to log on, the message reads "You have been banned from this server for xraying"

Server: (Wildlands, PVP, Main, Tekkit, Creative) I was banned while playing on the prison server, after recently ranking up to block B

=============

So, I was on the prison server talking to ambiosis, and I told him that I had found 25 of the 27 diamonds that spawned in the last reset of donator100 mine. First off, let me explain how I found 25 of them out of the 27 diamonds. Every night, the same donator100 mine seem to reset with diamonds in the vertical columns. I literally wrote the coordinates of every column that contained diamonds, and I went back there tonight, and they were there..... I don't understand why I was banned... Writing down coordinates on a piece of paper taped to my desk isn't an xray mod, and I feel I have been banned unfairly.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Strotheide

Astrotheide

Also, I would like to add in to my submission that I was using the minecraft launcher which was on the forums here with all the built in mods, and texture packs (optifine, R minimap, autoswitcher, sphax 128x128) That's all that I had enabled...
*Geico Gecko Voice* "SOMEONE HELP MEEE!"
please..... someone help
Hello astrotheide,

As stated in your appeal, you were banned for Xraying. From reports we received, you directly dug to diamonds with players without any form of knowing. You use the defense of cord tracking, however when reviewing the logs, it was found that none of the cords you mined were the same:

23413f8243.png

69ba158bd7.png

fe9ff6dc96.png

Please explain your theory on coordinate tracking, it contradicts the logs. The user reports we have also received also contradicts your statement.

EDIT: This really does not help your case either:

3ukhB.jpg
Well.... I've been caught....... To be honest, I was x-raying... I got so mad at myself earlier that day because my girlfriend had dumped me, and I ended up taking my anger out on the server..... I am really sorry, and I promise never to cheat ever again on any other server... I would really love a second chance, but at the same time I understand if you really think I shouldn't be allowed to play on the server any more.... I just want to apoligise to whoever had to look up those logs because I know that takes time out of your day where you could be improving the server.... I'd really like another chance, and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. Please un-ban me from the server, the past week has been super boring, and I really miss playing...

Sorry for the lying, cheating, and wasting your time....

Andrew Strotheide
Since this hasn't been handled yet, I'm going to take this one. XRaying is a very serious offence, because you are not only hurting the economy when you do it, but also slapping the faces of players who actually take time and honesty to get their belongings. If you were mad because your girlfriend had dumped you, I don't think that loading up an xray mod would've been the thing you would have done. Griefing maybe, but regardless, you still xrayed. Wanna try again with a better excuse?
I'm being serious.... I was mad, I went on the server, got even more mad because I had nothing on there(prison server) so I did that... I'm not gonna do it again, but whatever I'm probably way too far behind everyone on the server now anyways... Guess I kinda wanted to be banned. If you want to un-ban me, I won't X-ray or anything again, but if not, then it's whatever.

Andrew
If I were somebody in charge I might've let you back..but first we would have to show ya not to do it again and hit you with a stick like this: :hitwithbat:
Hello,

Apologies for the extremely late reply. It seems this appeal was forgotten about, so I will be handling it.
The Rules wrote:
Do not use hacks/cheats or exploit glitches, including (but not limited to)

Any method of duplication

Using "x-ray" mods/texture packs

Flying

Speed hacks

Exploiting game glitches

Using a cheat client

Using any scripts which allow for cheating

Accepting inappropriately obtained items

As you can see, we have zero tolerance for hacking and cheating. Not only does it give you an unfair advantage, but it also ruins the experience of other people who are trying to obtain items legitimately. I can understand you were frustrated about what happened, but it is not a valid excuse.

You will be unbanned on September 20, 2013. Please make sure you read the Rules before you are unbanned. The next time you are caught cheating, the punishment will be more severe.

/locked