Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] How do I know what is permitted and what isn't?
Started by [E] Phragmipedium

I've read the rules, and thought I had a pretty good grasp of them, but a few days ago I tried to cook a chicken on unclaimed land using flint & steel and got a message to the effect of "lighting things on fire is griefing, a bannable offense. The incident has been logged." This made me think - how many other rules are there that I don't know about? I'm kind of afraid of inadvertently setting off alarm bells somewhere and I really don't want to get banned. So how about a list of red flags?

Also, say I have a chest full of something I want to share. If I do /cpublic, will this allow others to take things from the chest, or will they still be stealing?
As long as you don't spam the flint and steel or try to grief with it you are fine. To avoid using the flint you can always apply a redstone charge under netherrack to ignite it. If you want to have a chest for free public use mark it as so. Place a sign or something above it saying that people can give or take as they like. If you don't want everyone to use it just /cprivate and then /cmodify username if you want to add additional players to the chest. Since you actually took the time to post this and think about it, I don't think that you will have anything to worry about. Welcome to Minetown.
Hi Phragmipedium!

Flint and steal is allowed, but fire spread is off. MT has a plugin that alerts all the online mods when someones uses Flint and steal in case they are a greifer. All other items should be ok. And yes, Cpublic will allow others to take from a chest. If you want add only a few people to a chest, you can type /cmodify <their name>

I hope I helped. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or any other of the community members. Also, welcome to MT.
What it actually says is "Flint and tinder (#259)is regulated, use of it for griefing or spamming is logged and is bannable".
I had just read a "labor saving" tutorial and one of the things they suggested was instead of killing a chicken, then cooking the raw chicken in a furnace to get a cooked chicken, just light the chicken on fire. Made sense (that is how the chicken grinder makes cooked chickens, after all), so I tried it and -oh crap. I'm new to multiplayer, so I have absolutely no idea how many mistakes you can make before you get banned. For all I know, it's three strikes and you're out.