Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Reporting some guards.
Started by [E] Adriedupleaf

Killerqueen125 and wawon0 both were combat logging (logging out during combat to avoid dieing)

Operationzero safezones during combat, multiple times during a fight.

DPweaton (think thats his name) asked me for a sword when i actually didnt even have one. I think hes just reading who dies in chat and asking.

Was also 2-5 min after i killed him.
Dp did this to me too... he said to give it cause "I know you have a sword" <- he never saw it... at one point i had it banked and he asked...
Thanks for reporting!

We've changed the Staff Guide accordingly:
Quote:
On-Duty Protection

There will be times where guards are outnumbered. It is acceptable to safe zone or combat log while on duty to ensure you stay alive and not loose staff items. Kill the offenders - If you cannot, then jail. (TGuards will need to contact a Chatmod/Guard to jail for them).
A rule to condone combat logging?! How is that RP whatsoever.

I have also noticed some guards seeing in chat that someone was killed with a sword and then asking that person for said sword. That should be checked out.
@544132 wrote:

I have also noticed some guards seeing in chat that someone was killed with a sword and then asking that person for said sword. That should be checked out.

Oh what a shame.

I hear /server pvp is good for people like you.

Report the guards then, this is just beta so everyone was picked at random.
@637590 wrote:
@544132 wrote:

Oh what a shame.

It's constructive criticism. Stop being so snarky and immature and take some on board. I reported plenty of guards and nothing has ever happened.
@544132 wrote:
@637590 wrote:
@544132 wrote:

Oh what a shame.

It's constructive criticism. Stop being so snarky and immature and take some on board. I reported plenty of guards and nothing has ever happened.

The guards get a talking to and if what they did was wrong, they get a talking to. It's a Beta, and like Danni has said the guards were picked at random, so they might not have had any experience for Staff-like roles until now, give them a break.
Yes it is a beta and that is why rules should be cleared.

Personally i think this server may turn into a Sissy guards server if this type of guard protection continue.

Guards already have their kits and that is their most advantage. Guard life should not be easy. The way i see it, at most guards should have a hard to reach safe spot.

And Danni, I'm not sure what kind of server you are trying to implement here (grats on the awesome architecture btw) but all the prison servers i played are a lot about PVP. I mean, experienced players would not even bother on gathering so much stuff themselfs but obtain them through other means, including PVP and other not so peacefull means.

Finnaly, notice that im not a PVPer myself. I could easy be a conmaster in the right server though.
And finally i think there is quite an overlapping with staff and guard roles. The way i see it, guards should only be another player rank.
It's not pointless wawon, it's constructive criticism.