Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Prison] Staff Guide
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

YruxpoS.png

"Your actions have been outright unlawful and cannot be justified.

I hereby sentence you to life within MT Prison.

You must overcome all challenges to gain your freedom once again"

... "Only the best will ever survive and be free" ...

XsO1zcH.png

Officer:

Officers are newly promoted staff, so they are in their trial period before being promoted which means they have little permissions and will rely on their PVP skills to help enforce server rules. They only have access to guarding Block D while in their trial period.

Sergeant:

Sergeants are the main staff of the server, they have all the basic permissions they need to enforce server rules and take care of prisoners who are misbehaving within PVP areas.

Sergeants have access to Block D, C and B to patrol and monitor. However, Block D needs to be kept as a priority and taken care of the most. They also run some of the usual prison events such as EggRoulette.

Supervisors:

Supervisors play as normal members but just moderate chat, answering any player questions and ensure everyone is having a good time. Any players caught misbehaving will be muted/jailed or even banned by these staff members. They will not be listed as staff on /duty list as they are always on duty when playing the server. Even though they play as prisoners they are expected to follow server rules such as no pvping.

They will assist Officers and Sergeants from time to time with bans (When they need a serious offender banned)

Wardens/Server Manager/Owner:

Wardens are the administrators, they take care of all configuration, management and maintenance of the server. They have all permissions and will do more backend work so you won’t always see them doing the same job as Sergeants or Supervisors. This also applies to the Server Manager and Owner.
D3yzNpn.png

Officer:

/warp staff - Only warp you can access through command (Everything else is through signs)

/duty - Toggle your staff mode on and off

/duty list - Check which guards are On-Duty.

/kit tguard - Access to basic guard equipment to use in patrolling Block D

/ci - Clear your inventory

/sword *player* - Auto countdown for a player to hand over their sword (Only the player will see to reduce spam in chat)

/bow *player* - Auto countdown for a player to hand over their bow (Only the player will see to reduce spam in chat)

/pot *player* - Auto countdown for a player to hand over their damage potion (Only the player will see to reduce spam in chat)

Sergeant:

/mute *player* *Time: h/m/s* - Temp mute a player (For time, 5m means 5mins)

/jail *Player* *Cell* *Time: h/m/s* - Temp jail a player (For Cell, cell1 to cell8 will work)

/warp staff - Only warp you can access through command (Everything else is through signs)

/duty - Toggle your staff mode on and off

/duty list - Check which guards are On-Duty.

/kit guard - Access to guard equipment to use in patrolling Block D, C or B

/ci - Clear your inventory

/sword *player* - Auto countdown for a player to hand over their sword (Only the player will see to reduce spam in chat)

/bow *player* - Auto countdown for a player to hand over their bow (Only the player will see to reduce spam in chat)

/pot *player* - Auto countdown for a player to hand over their damage potion (Only the player will see to reduce spam in chat)

/egg start - Starts a new round of Eggroulette so players can start placing bets.

/egg go - Once bets are placed this command starts the event and the chicken is released.

/egg reset - Once the winner is announced this command wipes the arena ready for a new round.

Supervisor:

/mute *player* *Time: h/m/s* - Temp mute a player (For time, 5m means 5mins)

/jail *Player* *Cell* *Time: h/m/s* - Temp jail a player (For Cell, cell1 to cell8 will work)

/kick *player* - Kicks a player from the server.

/ban *player* - Bans a player from accessing the server until they make a ban appeal.

/unban *player* - Unbans a player after they have made a ban appeal. (See Staff Rules)

/socialspy - View all conversations including private messages within chat to ensure no serious offences are committed.

/egg start - Starts a new round of Eggroulette so players can start placing bets.

/egg go - Once bets are placed this command starts the event and the chicken is released.

/egg reset - Once the winner is announced this command wipes the arena ready for a new round.

ZAB1knc.png

These rules are final and must be followed by all staff (If the rule applies to your rank).

Failure to follow rules will result in another player taking your place as staff.

Equal PVP

When you see a prisoner PVPing with another prisoner, if only one is attacking the other, then kill the attacker, but if they are both fighting, kill them both.

Drugs

When you see a prisoner holding drugs, kill or jail them.

If you see a prisoner already under the influence of drugs - kill or jail them.

As staff you are not to use or sell drugs.

Prisoner that has taken Marijuana (Cactus Green) will have white/green swirls around them. Prisoner that has taken Cocaine(Sugar) will have red/purple swirls around them.

Drug Dealers (Only applies to Supervisors)

If a player is selling or giving away drugs and states it within global chat, mute them.

(Does not apply if it is through private messages)

No Grudges

If a prisoner has a sword and kills you with it, you can't respawn and ask for their sword when they haven't shown it to you that life. Also, don't kill them as a revenge kill.

Tool PVP

If a prisoner is using tools to PVP (Axe, Pickaxe, Shovel, Fishing Rod etc) you have the right to kill them but not ask for the item as it is not contraband.

Fair Chance

Give the prisoner a fair chance to give their contraband item (Sword, Bow or Damage Potion). Use the countdown plugin provided and also make sure he/she is within a couple of blocks away from you. You can give a couple of seconds after the countdown or re-issue the countdown to ensure the player understands before you take action.

Prisoner Safezone Troll

If the prisoner hits you and runs back into the Safe Area multiple times, kill (if you can) or jail them for 5 minutes.

Prisoner Interruption

If you are claiming contraband items from players within the PvP area and other players are interfering (Attempting to disrupt or take the contraband themselves) you may kill.

Suspected Hacker Jailings

If you suspect a hacker, collect screenshot (multiple)/video evidence. Do not jail them unless they've committed a proven offence. If it is a serious offence, keep them jailed and muted until a ChatMod is online to ban them.

Spammer Dealings

If a person is sending multiple messages in a couple of seconds, give them a warning then if they persist, mute for 5 minutes.

Riot Dealings

If one or multiple players hit you, you can kill them.

Split Up (This does not apply to Officers)

If there are already 3 or more guards at Block D then try patrolling Block C or Block B.

Don't Judge By Chat

Never take the prisoners or other staffs word for it, go to where they are talking about and see if you can catch the offence yourself.

It must always be seen by you for you to take action upon. This also counts for seeing prisoners killed by other prisoners in chat, if you did not see the offence you cannot take action; however, you can go and look for that player and see if you can catch them committing a crime.

Playing Off-Duty

There's no limits to being on-duty or off-duty, but if you are the only staff on, try to check on Block D every now and then. Staff who are on-duty a lot of the time will be rewarded for their hard work.

Appropriate Off-Duty

As an off-duty staff member you are just like anyone else, but you still need to set an example for other players, so you must follow server rules. Which means you cannot PvP, safe zone, take drugs or carry staff items even when off duty. (This applies to ALL staff ranks)

Off-Duty Life

If a player attacks or kills you while in off duty, you cannot turn your duty mode on and take any action against it. The player got you while you were in your prisoner lifetime, you were fair game just as any other prisoner would be. If another staff member is online, on-duty and sees the events unfolding they can take action.

Set An Example

Try not to cuss in chat, and try to keep unneeded capitalization to a minimum. Be as polite and as mature as you can be (Even when players are being abusive, it happens). Try to keep a level head in stressful situations.

Common Sense

When a situation is not listed, use your brain, if you are wrong we will let you know so we can help you understand and possibly add it this list of rules.

On-Duty Protection

There will be times where Officers or Sergeants are outnumbered. It is acceptable to safe zone or combat log while on duty to ensure you stay alive and not loose staff items. Kill the offenders - If you cannot, then jail. (Officers will need to contact a Sergeant or Supervisor to jail for them).

Use Off-Duty

If you want to mine, make money and play the server. You must turn your duty mode off and not carry or use any staff equipment.

Excessive PVPing

If a prisoner is excessive PVPing you or other prisoners regardless of you killing them. Jail them for 5m and add more time if they continue when leaving jail.

Make sure you give them a last warning. Say something like "PLAYER, this is your last warning for excessive PVP."

Excessive PVPing Full Search Requests

Once a prisoner has have been jailed 3 times or more (in your lifetime), you may request a full search to be taken place.

A full search means all contrabands and anything they shouldnt have will be removed (Drugs ect). Staff Managers can do this search (Other trusted staff will be given this responsibility as the server matures)

Leave Your Opinions Behind

Any thoughts about another prisoner should be left behind and should not affect your guarding. This also means not giving any prisoner friends ‘special treatment’. If they break any rules, you must treat them like any other prisoner.

Staff Equipment

You cannot give away or sell staff equipment. You are also not allowed to store it, it is to be used while on duty only.

If a prisoner kills you and takes your equipment, you can't respawn and ask for the staff equipment when they haven’t shown it to you that life. Also, don't kill them as a revenge kill.

No staff equipment should be carried when off duty, regardless of how you obtained it!

Report To Us For Inactivity

If you go away and won't be on for more than a week, please tell us so we can make necessary arrangements. We rotate staff in/out regularly and wouldn't want you to be removed for inactivity.

No Threatening

Threatening someone with your staff powers to attain an object on-duty or off-duty is strictly prohibited.

When To Temp Mute

You temp mute when offenders spam, disrespect, curse, etc. You should only contact a Supervisor or higher to ban if it is a serious offence and have collected solid evidence as proof.

When To Ban

Officers and s cannot ban, if someone is doing a bannable offense (advertising or xraying) then collect evidence and contact a ChatMod or higher to ban them for you. Make sure you have the necessary screenshot proof before getting them banned though!

Serious Offenders

Advertisers you can mute and xrayers you can jail/mute with no time limit until you can get that player banned (Make sure you have full evidence of it being a serious case! We want to keep all banning to a minimum)

Loot Taking

You can keep or give away any loot you take from killed prisoners (Apart from contrabands, please destroy those). Switching from on-duty to off-duty will revert back to your ‘off-duty inventory’ and will wipe anything in your on-duty inventory. So place loot in an enderchest (in warp staff) or chest sign in the bank before going off duty. Do not store any staff items, this is checked!

Bounties

Staff can place bounties (Since all bounty placing is anonymous). They can also accept bounties and claim the money but they cannot go out of their way to kill a player for their bounty (As staff can only kill to enforce rules). If they see the player commit a crime which they need to kill them for then that's fine, but killing just because they have a bounty is not fine.

Unbanning A Player (Applies To Supervisor Only)

Prison bans are only for serious offences (Advertising, X-raying), so once the players ban appeal has been accepted for an unban you must get their player data reset before unbanning. The player will start again from the beginning with all items/ranks/money removed.

The only time a banned players data will not be reset is if their ban was unjustified and was accepted by staff as unjustified (For example, lack of proof of the serious offence they committed)

ZjOxUiT.png

These are suggested jail/mute times to try and keep each case fair and even,

still use your own judgement when re-jailing/re-muting a repeating offender.

Jail times - 5mins

Repeated Offenses - add more time

Max jail time: 20mins

If they come out of max jailing time and repeat an offence, jail for 20mins again.

Only jail longer if they are involved in a serious offense and are being banned (hold them in jail until a Chatmod Bans them)

Mute times - 5mins

Repeated Offenses - add more time

Max mute time: 20mins

If they come out of max mute time and repeat an offence, jail for 20mins again.

Only mute longer if they are involved in a serious offense and are being banned (such as an advertiser)

uNW0Imn.png

/warp Staff contains a Lounge which lists all mines (including donator mines),

reset times and percentage of blocks remaining within those mines.

Saves you going to each mine to find out!

All current staff will receive access to all donator perks including Donator Blocks (Accessible through the staff lounge or information room):

Over time Staff will be trained to host some of the bigger prison events!

These perks are a thank you for their contributions towards the Prison Server.

They will miss a lot of time out playing on the server compared to a regular prisoners,

So we try to implement perks which will assist them when they do get chance to play too!

A0StH6Q.png

There is no way to obtain Supervisor or Warden without first becoming a Sergeant and working your way up.

Here is the link to the official Officer/Sergeant Application, please post on that thread only:

http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/7509588-prison-officersergeant-application

Be sure to add the below code word somewhere into your application so we know you have read all of this:

Code Word: DON'T DROP THE SOAP (It doesnt need to be in all caps either!)

Try to sneak it in anywhere you want without it being too obvious so people who haven't read the guide won't know <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

So good luck if you are considering to apply for staff.

We are looking forward to having more adventures with you on MT Prison!

Very very nice Danni, this is going to be really nice, good work <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Danni, why put the code word at the BOTTOM when you could put it in the middle, so people don't just scroll to the bottom and see it, FYI, I did read it, I'm just saying <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
After T-Guards are demoted after BETA week, is there any chance they can get their rank back or continue being a T-Guard? I was just wondering as it is very fun being a T-Guard and I was wondering if I could retain my rank after BETA week. (Or earn it back)
I agree with nova. If Tguards do a very well job, will they get to keep their position after beta?
I'll set a poll up wednesday so players can vote on who they liked as tguards while in beta (This is just to see opinions, not to be used for promoting)

They will apply for staff on the official thread like other players. However, they can mention they were staff on beta which will help their application.

x
#vote4evanskis
@637590 wrote:
I'll set a poll up wednesday so players can vote on who they liked as tguards while in beta (This is just to see opinions, not to be used for promoting)

They will apply for staff on the official thread like other players. However, they can mention they were staff on beta which will help their application.

x

I find that a bit unsettling, as I am a very rule-strict Guard. Some players dislike me because I stick so close to the rules and they believe I am being unfair yet I am doing what a staff member should be doing. I was wondering if their was any alternative option to a poll, because I feel other T-Guards who put the rules before player opinion's and being nice would have contradictory results to who was a good staff member or not.
@1123647 wrote:
@637590 wrote:

x

I find that a bit unsettling, as I am a very rule-strict Guard. Some players dislike me because I stick so close to the rules and they believe I am being unfair yet I am doing what a staff member should be doing. I was wondering if their was any alternative option to a poll, because I feel other T-Guards who put the rules before player opinion's and being nice would have contradictory results to who was a good staff member or not.

Yeah I thought the same too after, Ive never been keen on poll votes. I'm gonna change it from a poll and just be recommendations, no bad comments <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

x
@1468468 wrote:
I agree with nova. If Tguards do a very well job, will they get to keep their position after beta?

It was stated its temporary for beta only.