Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [FUN] NPCX + Civilizations! [670] Everquest style BOTS, paths, aggro, loot, guard, shops, quest chat
Started by [E] dead [1]

Source: https://github.com/mixxit/npcx

Test Jar: https://github.com/mixxit/npcx/raw/master/npcx.jar

Esper.net IRC Channel: #npcx

Implements everquest style npc spawngroups using the npc library allowing you to make persistent npcs/rare npcs spawn around your map. Npcs will fight back if attacked and even talk on right click. They will sell items and can even have loot assigned and be given factions and paths to walk

Civilizations also give you the optional ability to allow people to protect areas of a world as their civilization and build in it and also add people! Research system coming soon to allow users to place civ bots!

NPCX also comes with a fallback economy system to allow you to trade with players and npcs.

Install / Changelog / Commands / README

Video By Samkio

INSTALL GUIDE: https://github.com/mixxit/npcx/blob/master/README

CHANGELOG: https://github.com/mixxit/npcx/commits/master

Addendum to the video:

In this great video by sam he makes use of some things that don't work so I wanted to cover them for you having questions

Update=false in the npcx.properties file

Changing this to update=true will DBWIPE your database. It was used originally so in the older versions people with an incompatible database could quickly wipe all their tables by changing the flag. I'm not sure it still works

with db 1.9 and i would not recommend you use it at present.

If you want to clear your npcx settings and start from scratch simply delete the npcx folder so it will regenerate the config file and after changing the db details to the right ones will DBWIPE your database automatically to the new version.

When he creates a EVENT_CLOSE event

As you can see from the video you can add triggerwords to npcs using /npcx npc triggerword add NPCID TRIGGERWORD response

He makes use of of a predefined triggerword called EVENT_CLOSE which triggers when an NPC goes near a player and runs the reply command NPCATTACK (attack player)

Unfortunately, I think in that particular version of NPCX he was using, event_close did not parse NPCATTACK or other reply commands, this _should_ be fixed in the new version but also take into consideration that the npc has a line of sight as well as only firing this event on the first time you match EVENT_CLOSE (just move away and back again)

Item amounts on loottables

Those with a keen eye will notice that the npc loot of stone only dropped one even though he defined 10 - this is something I didnt' know about so I need to fix More info like this is exactly the kind of questions this thread is for and the issue tracker at github

Fixed

Error out of sync

When a player first dies, he is given a new Player, effectively the npc is detecting that your old player has gone and that message is informing you that your player is being resynced.

Because this is a very confusing thing for a normal non-op player to read, i have disabled this message in future versions

The commands used

With any of the commands he used you can type just the start of the command to retrieve the full syntax, for example when he is typgin /npcx spawngroup add 1 ... you could simply type /npcx spawngroup to see the full syntax. Clearly sam is well familiar with the commands and new starters might find this bit of advice useful when trying it themselves

NPCIDs SpawnGroupIDs and Lottables! Oh My!

I know IDs can be confusing, but it also gives you the advantage of having many NPCs with the same name. It's important to make use of the /npcx npc list, /npcx pathgroup list, /npcx spawngroup list commands etc to be able to find your correct IDs, so many people make the mistake of typing a NAME instead of an ID !

You can also add parameters to /npcx npc list Fre - would list NPC Fred and his ID etc - this works for spawngroups too and maybe more, i can't remember them all

Item Damage

He makes use of a diamond sword in this video but it's important to note that gold swords do more damage! (to try to help with gold's lack of purpose in minecraft)

Using /civ here to get an area info

Also useful to note that the command '/civ here' will also list any members of that plot

-

Just wanted to shout out to Sam, great video and covers alot! Also good to see a fellow brit posting videos!

License

You do not need to contact us to copy, edit or redistribute or make derivative plugins - do with it as you wish! However, we request you provide a link to npc library's authors post which this plugin makes use of.

Thank me with Bitcoins!

12efwcdSiADSQMyATFAAZJCNX1V1QMiGCi

NOT MY WORK! ALL CREDITS GO TO SAMIKO AND MIXXIT
lols nice copy and paste