Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal - OkiFool66
Started by [E] Remove Kebab

=============

Username: OkiFool66

When you were banned : 6-1-13

Person who banned you: ModernDragonness

Reason you were banned: Circumventing instructions to not start drama.

Server: Probably All

=============

Pred and I, yes I know, never a good sign when a ban appeal starts out with "Pred and I", were talking about an old friend, LucyL00seLegs and Pred made a joke about her ingame name giving away her wicked ways, and then I chimed in that he had forgotten the Zeros in her name. Hayden775, told us to stop the conversation immediately "I AM GOING TO STOP THIS CONVERSATION RIGHT NOW", yes even all caps after telling us to not speak in caps even though the conversation was already over.

Then Pred, being Pred, started questioning why Hayden775 had to go all out and rage at us about a conversation topic that had gone completely offtopic and out of the realm of insulting another player(we had indeed moved on in the conversation topic). Pred wanted to see the staff guidelines and was denied, so I backed him up because I too would like to see the guidelines that staff are held to. We get to see the standards that the police are held to, why can't we see the standards that the mods are held to?

Modern told us that if we had an issue with a staff member we should talk to another staff member that we trusted, so we did. We got MasterJack, good guy that he is, to come and talk to us about it in local chat. Coffeey was there too and was also participating in our conversation in local chat. Local Chat is the closest chat we can get to a private conversation between 3 or more people and we were told that if we wanted to continue our conversation we should take it to private, so we did. Coffeey forgot to type ./l before a message and his message went straight to Global.

Hayden775, without warning, muted Coffeey, who apologized in global. Instead of doing the sensible thing and warning him, he just straight out muted him. Pred and I took offense to this as it didn't give Coffeey the chance to correct a typing error but instead immediately punished him. This also got us to step up our efforts to see the guidelines because the way Hayden775 was acting seemed to be out of line and we wanted to verify if that was the way he was aloud to act.

Needless to say, we wound up muted and continued our conversation in local chat. Pred started advertising in trade chat and I offered to buy the item in question, true story, check the logs. Then we got banned, came into mumble to see if Modern would just let us be off or if we had to make an appeal for something that should've just stayed at the mute stage, even if it was an hour long.

She left us banned.
I'll be getting more info on this before I start on this, as with Pred's.
The entirely of your group had be warned for a good amount of time prior to the muting of coffeey, regarding your language usage and your attitude towards Lucy. Whether or not this was meant to be a private conversation, it ended up in global as a direct vulgar comment towards Lucy. Coffeey was muted due to this, also, used as a warning to the both of you to hope that you would not continue with this. You can tell me I was out of line, but I was merely going by the rule that is intact for both members AND staff: RESPECT ALL PLAYERS. Whether or not she is inactive, in this case, doesn't mean you could say what you had said. As for the staff rules and you wanting them to be publicized, there are some private rules that are meant for staff eyes regarding such topics as plugins which is not meant to be seen to the public, however, the main gist of the rules are to respect everyone, and don't abuse your powers. In no way was I abusing my powers, rather, defending that rule that everyone MUST abide by.

Hayden775 wrote:
The entirely of your group had be warned for a good amount of time prior to the muting of coffeey, regarding your language usage and your attitude towards Lucy. Whether or not this was meant to be a private conversation, it ended up in global as a direct vulgar comment towards Lucy. Coffeey was muted due to this, also, used as a warning to the both of you to hope that you would not continue with this. You can tell me I was out of line, but I was merely going by the rule that is intact for both members AND staff: RESPECT ALL PLAYERS. Whether or not she is inactive, in this case, doesn't mean you could say what you had said. As for the staff rules and you wanting them to be publicized, there are some private rules that are meant for staff eyes regarding such topics as plugins which is not meant to be seen to the public, however, the main gist of the rules are to respect everyone, and don't abuse your powers. In no way was I abusing my powers, rather, defending that rule that everyone MUST abide by.

Then please explain to me why I was banned. We were already muted and I was trying to buy something in trade chat. There was nothing vulgar said in trade chat and nothing to do with Lucy. Why couldn't we have just remained muted? This doesn't make any sense.
The ban wasn't my doing, it was Dragoness. If there is a need to talk about your ban, talk to her.
Hayden775 wrote:
The ban wasn't my doing, it was Dragoness. If there is a need to talk about your ban, talk to her.

This is an appeal to the ban she has given me, all posts are in response to her ban and are directed towards her and the ban committee, even if I was quoting your post.
After discussion with a few other staff, it's been decided that you'll be unbanned. In the future, when you have a request, like yours to view staff guidelines, it should be done in a manner that has a little more grace about it.

As for the trade chat, keep in mind that it's for serious business only, and Pred selling his body or a bone for 10k is not a serious proposition, as I'll also state in his sentence.

I'll unban you as soon as I get to the hotel and can hop in game.

/locked