Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Online Friends... Whats your view??
Started by [E] JayoHJH

Hey guys, I got bored so I thought I would ask this since my rl friends keep bugging me about it xD. Do you guys think that online friends are just like regular real life friends? I have met some great people via internet/sites/games and I just wanted to get your guys viewpoints. I personally think that you don't need to see what some one actually looks like to know their true personality so you can almost instantly be friends with someone you haven't seen before but you know well as a person. Also the reason my avatar is a real picture of me is so my cyber friends can see what I look like in rl (pretty ugly huh? xD) Anyways reply cuz I'll read all of them lol.
I think it is two different paths to the same result- sometimes building friendships through games even gives you more time to build on that relationship!
i dont think cyber dating relation ships are good no physical connection
I think online friends are a good thing to have, but they arent as strong as real life friendships because you have never actually met them
My online friendships go beyond the computer.

*wink*

~SN
I base my friendships purely on looks. So im gonna assume as soon as I see you guys in RL we will no longer be friends.
To me people is people, behind a computer screen or face to face, relationship can build in both ways.

Im not saying its the same, but I do know some real life story about a girl who left his boyfriend and his 2 sons to go live with a man she met on WoW.

Internet will never be able to give you physical contact and all the feeling that goes with it... but it still put you in relationship with people.

My 2 cents.
Google wrote:
The beauty of making a friend online is that you already have a common interest which you are both into to the extent of joining an online community. However until you take the relationship to real life, not sure you can call it a real friendship. At the end of the day a real friend is one who is there for you when the chips are down. pretty tricky to achieve that in a chat room

~SN
Try not to take this the wrong way, but u actually asking this question means u've never had the luck of having a REAL friend. I'm not talking friends that say "when u call me i'll be there", i'm talking the guy that sticks with u no matter what, and knows what u will do before u do it, the very rare kind. I've gone through my fair share of online and real, good friends, but they can't hold a candle to that one guy. But most people go through life without having that one friend along for the ride... its just luck i guess. (no homo) <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
SpaceNarwhal wrote:
My online friendships go beyond the computer.

*wink*

~SN

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>