Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My grievances with Skyblock
Started by [E] GTLtheLoneWolf

Recently, I have been getting quite annoyed with the state of the skyblock server. The actual server itself is wonderful, loads of fun to play and build. However, I am getting irked at the amount of people who constantly spam the chat with simple questions.

What I mean by this is that the most frequently asked questions are blatantly answered in the spawn. Such as...

"How do I get out of spawn?"

"How do I get cobble points?"

"How do I complete challenges?"

and of course, my favorite....

"OMG why can't I invite this person to my island!?!?!"

This in itself might not be so annoying, if it weren't for the fact that they're asked 100 times a day.

And then there are the people who consistently yell "HELP!!!" in chat, but won't answer when you ask them what's wrong. And yes, I am aware that some of these people may be trolls, but then that ties into other problems.

The Skyblock server wouldn't be so defunct if it required an MT membership.

Hear me out here. Minetown has been flooded more consistently with the ever infamous "spam trolls" , correct? Every one of those trolls I've seen are on the skyblock server, where you can join freely without going through the membership process. This allows for not only people who aren't members to troll, but also allows them to come on and continue where they left off on an alternate account, which they could have two or three of. And the fact that all of the worlds' chats are linked, you can't escape their spamming by switching to Main or a subsequent server.

The point of my rant here is to really stress my annoyances, and I hope they get fixed so I can go mining without some eight year old flooding my screen with obscenities they learned from daddy.

Kindest Regards,

GTL

Oh I hear what you're saying, at times it's really bad and I just leave, would love to tell them to shut up but that would lead to a barrage of cursing.
Use /ignore problem solved....
/ignore does not work unless you are on the same server, like skyblock. If you were on main, you are unable to do anything, short of leave global chat (there is no server specific chat either, so you'll be stuck talking in local). Not really what I find as an acceptable measure, I wish there was a cross server /ignore command, it would be much more useful.
I'm personally sick and tired of all the spam from skyblock. i wish i could turn it off.
HKX-4-7 wrote:
/ignore does not work unless you are on the same server, like skyblock. If you were on main, you are unable to do anything, short of leave global chat (there is no server specific chat either, so you'll be stuck talking in local). Not really what I find as an acceptable measure, I wish there was a cross server /ignore command, it would be much more useful.

Our chat plugin does allow us to define a channel that is only accessible and visible on certain worlds. We can set up a "Server" channel that's only able to be used on Skyblock.
A starter book can be made with FAQ (frequently asked questions)

I had the same problem on another server within EximiusGaming so we made a very simple-to-understand book.

If someone now asks the basic questions we know they're noobs who dont check for the information available to them and just direct them to the book in their inventory.

This stops you from repeating the same answers over and over and also still keeps you interacting with new players and potential long term members. They find more information in the book then they would asking another player one question.

I've set up books in the past so I don't mind doing SkyBlocks, just give me the information you want added to it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> x
I cannot help but agree with the feelings in this thread. I think I may have set foot in skyblock once...maybe twice since its been created. I work in main on a rather large project of mine that I don't ever think will be finished. That being said I can see the sorry state of Skyblock Chat, its a bit annoying to see people constantly asking for things...but the spammers. Oh dear Yu Yevon I could gouge out my eyeballs if I thought it would make the spamming stop. Then you get the 8 year old with Daddy's laptop thinking its the coolest thing in the world to spam naughty words that would otherwise get their mouth washed out with soap.

I don't know how I would remedy such a thing to be honest, but it is a pain in place that brings down my personal value of minetown. I became a member because I enjoyed the list of rules, I felt they'd make a strong server and I would be able to enjoy my playing experience. I had played on a server previously that always seemed full of trolls, spam was what you ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I really, really don't want to see Minetown go down in a blaze of spammy glory. Not saying it will, merely hoping that it doesn't.
Perhaps add an autoreply if anyone types the words "help", "how do I", ... saying they need to check the /rules or read their book.

Much like there's an autoreply to "LAG" on Skyblock that says "We knowabout it. It's not just you."

2irwvc.jpg
1) pwn filter could be configured to do just that. 2) make a macro key for the most commonly asked stupid questions. that way you just press a button to answer their query.