Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Enough is Enough! I've had it with the Server Lag!
Started by Unknown User

Every day, the lag on this server is becoming WORSE AND WORSE.

I have to suffer with 10-15 SECOND Block lag, at random intervals, even with few people online. Just now, I am unable to build or mine ANYTHING, because of a RIDICULOUS 26 SECOND BLOCK LAG!

I don't know if it's a Plugin. I don't know if it's the server. And Frankly? I don't care.

There are alot of plugins on the server, that we don't need. Useless Shit, that SHOULD be taken off. Like mob rider for example. They are just causing unnecessary problems, lag, and we just don't need them. Useless.

And for the server package we are paying? There is STILL lag! This package, isn't good. We pay an arm and a leg for it. It sucks. Extremely. I think we should find another company completly, to host our server on. I bet it would be cheaper, and a HELL of alot less lag too!

I might only be a mod, but I am still a member of this server. And I am sick and tired of this lag. Please, fix it!

PS: It's not my computer or connection speed.. I should know. It's my computer and modem.
This has not been happening to me. only time it has is during saves lol
I have some blocklag at times. But not 30 seconds long.
The Lag I get, seems to be at random intervals that are before, during, and after saves, and Including/during times there are no saves or backups at all. Why? Hell if I know. But I am not the only one.
It was an issue.. with something that I'd rather not share.

Fixed now.

What you experienced is nothing compared to earlier times.

~SN

Also, with every update Notch does using Java as its code, the lag will keep getting worse and worse, its just Java, nothing we can do.

And a lot of people will always lag, another thing we can't help.

Especially at peak hours, as soon as school ends, and when the weekend starts.
During the saves, if you were allowed to modify blocks during it, you could potentially corrupt the save.

In fact, its better to freeze the server for 5 - 10 seconds rather than potentially screw up the save.

And the World Save lag has always been there..

I don't see what your complaining about, its only every once and a while.
sawine wrote:
every 5 minutes the map files are copied on hard disk

every 60 minutes the map files are copied into a different folder on hard disk

and every 12 hours a backup is made, compressed and stored on hard disk.

If there weren't a world save... You can figure out the rest.

~SN
I wanna point out to everybody reading this thread including HunterKiller47 that Minecraft is still

in BETA TESTING.

Therefore complaining about lag or defects due to Client , Plugins , Mods is most likely useless unless you have

Constructive Criticism on the subject.

Bukkit is constantly changing and fixing bugs. Please also consider that Notch is not affiliated with Bukkit in any way to help fix any issues that come with the new updates.

- If it was Bukkit you should complain to them.

- If it was the server client maybe sign up for the minecraft forums and try for answers there.

- Maybe your modem/router is the problem as you can say it's not but internal problems could slow down connections.

- Viruses/Malware etc could also affect connections.

I can confirm it's not on our end ,server wise.

And i'm talking about the box , the box that runs the Minecraft server client.

Thanks,

Have a nice day!

PS: As a mod HunterKiller47 , please make threads like these inside our admin forums.

As there is no reason to alert everyone about it. Also the title of this thread was really not professional.

I have Edited out the Title of the thread .