Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] (Poll) Unused Island Clear?
Started by [E] Lomanic [1]

It has been suggested that some of the islands that were created from players joining the server to "check it out" in te very first days of skyblock that were never used be cleared.

This would allow new players making islands to have their islands near existing active islands and allow exisiting players to get new "active" neighbors.

What does the community think?
I vote clear inactive islands...

However I think

- Clear all islands that have near to no progress on them (If they're inactive).

- If the island is inactive but 'progressed' perhaps try to contact the owner and go from there.

Of course #2 would be more time-consuming, so perhaps players could try contacting (neighbouring?)island-owners, then reporting to staff should said island owner not desire their island anymore..?

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Regardless of the outcome of this poll, I hereby allow you to wipe my island. I joined Skyblock in the early days of it's release.
xXMasterJackXx wrote:
I vote clear inactive islands...

However I think

- Clear all islands that have near to no progress on them (If they're inactive).

- If the island is inactive but 'progressed' perhaps try to contact the owner and go from there.

Of course #2 would be more time-consuming, so perhaps players could try contacting (neighbouring?)island-owners, then reporting to staff should said island owner not desire their island anymore..?

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

The clear date of jan 24th is about one week after the server went live. any island that has had any activity since would not be cleared if the clear did happen.
I agree with the island wipe. There is one of these islands near me, and I would like a new neighbor.

However, I think with each passing week we wipe islands inactive in the next 7 days. Example: the week after the first wipe the islands inactive since Jan. 31 wiped, next week Feb. 7, Feb. 14, etc.

This would give the same 3 months inactive till wipe, but also allow islands that the owners have quit on since Jan. 31 to be wiped and get new players.
As someone who is surrounded by island coated in lag-generating lava, I wholly support this.
make a pe at your island adam, i'll clear the lava