Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] wtf
Started by [E] Mr.Flip

this server had $1129.82 donated to it just THIS month ONLY and it is laggy as hell. wtf. upgrade server or something, it's not like we don't have the money. also, the downtime is really bad, it's been down for like 12 hours now
Am I the only one in the server that doesn't lag?
before people go on saying " LOLAWL UR CUMPTUER SUCWK GET NEW ONE" i have a 1300 dollar gaming computer and i get around 150-200 fps on other SMP servers. also, i see a lot of other people in chat saying how bad the lag is.
Flip where abouts are you from,It might have something to do with it.
East coast of U.S.A.
We know about the lag and we are trying to figure out causes and fix them. I personally lag on very rare occasions and while your computer might have the graphics card to handle the rendering that has nothing to do with the lag. Any strong end computer will get those levels of fps whether or not the server is lagging. lag that can be attributed to the server are things like blocks reappearing and complete failure to load chunks. I don't know what could possibly cause your fps to drop on our server because fps has very little to do with the server.
You could have made this topic with a little less aggression, tho I know you didn't mean to put it that way.

Question! I know the block lag was caused by the update, or that's what Ive been told, will it ever be fixed or is there a solution to the problem at all?
my FPS on minetown doesn't drop very dramatically, it stays in the hundreds most of the time but the block lag and positioning lag is bad.
the glitchy nature of some blocks reappearing has to do with the request from your client to claim that block as broken getting either missed or lost by the server program. This happens on the minecraft server program itself and unless i feel like coding the server program, which i would never do considering i haven't even tried reading the source code of minecraft.exe, there is little that can be done about block respawn.

The issue is that the server program, while busy dealing with other requests doesn't pick up the requests from the breaking of the block. It's like having 50 people talking to you. you maybe could focus on one voice and pay attention enough to get the message. the server is built to basically ask each person to wait while another request is being dealt with. to prevent adverse effects such as two or three people breaking the same block and each getting the resources, it gives itself a time constraint to prevent the different requests from conflicting. A faster server can avoid block lag but the program is what's actually at fault for not having a better method to deal with all the requests is the way the server code was written in the first place. There have been periods in which they had a system capable of dealing with all of hte requests reliably but as the game becomes more complex the server program has been failing to keep track.

bukkit has tried to augment some parts of the code to fix this issue but unless a new server version comes from mojang that fixes the issue again there's not much that we can do
any idea why all of us timeout when we try to get in?