Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Zombie Server
Started by [E] Dylan

Hey,

I was just wondering, where did the zombie server go? I was going to go on it and play today. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
Bump
It wasnt popular so was removed. If a server doesnt do well we dont have the time or space to keep it. Instead we plan other things to replace it x
PRISON SERVER FTW
Then I suggest you remove /Server Main2
With the people I have talked to about this they were all disappointed at its removal.

Branching off, dylan does sort of have a point. It is more used than the zombie server but the amount of space dedicated to it to play usage ratio is not right.

Anyway, I was thinking as the zombie server sparked some interest but quickly got boring people abandoned it. So, maybe a last ditch effort to save the idea... Modification.

Intoroducing mods that add wepons, tools, new enemies etc could revive the server and keep it alive. Maybe make the map more interesting, have named towns and areas, instead of one continuous city. Something like dayz's maps?

I don't think vanilla minecraft offers enough to make it worth playing, we need some more wepons and activities to do and an economy...

I don't know if this would be possible but if staff put the work in (which I understand would be a lot) it could turn out quite well...

I also don't think it had quite enough publicity, it was a sub server more than a main server, as main, creative and event are main servers

Basically, it needed better things and more interesting activities to do to survive, and it died out before we realised that...

Ah well, it was good while it lasted :/
We can all agree that the zombie server was a nice experience and a cool server that has a fairly good potential.

But.

There were almost no one playing there for months, there was too much lag and it was missing alot features that could make it funnier to play there. All that could probably have been solved if someone had enough time for it (maybe except the lag).

The problem is that Yield doesn't have time to manage the server anymore because of IRL stuff, and lomanic took over skyblock because that. When no one are the to manage the server, and nearly no players are playing there it is pretty natural that i closed.
I understand, but if one of the reasons that we close a whole world is because we don't have enough staff, maybe we need more staff with the ability to run the servers?

Random suggestion.. But maybe make it easier for a person to become staff... Maybe drop the age limit a bit?

I have seen many apps that are just short of 16 and were ignored...
You can easely get staff when you're under 16, you just don't do it the application way. The kind of staff that we need more of is admins and mod+. They're the ones managing the worlds, and if they're good enough at helping the community to get admin, they'll definitely make it to helper aswell if they're under 16 <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
im fine with the removal of zombie server, (seeing as im banned)

but seriously... monster apocalypse plugin that was used is something i experimented with myself...

if MT wants, i can toss over the config files

essentially, i made a fallout wasteland type biome (terrain mod thing) and then added giant mesas and valleys... think grand canyon meets australia? then toss in a few floating islands... as if the ground was torn apart by tidal forces of some celestial body and then just kinda stayed there...

finally, add zombies that sucide into gravel and climb up to you and break down other blocks...

pretty much awesome... added some other stuff, like... no trees so you had to smash the desert things for twigs and a 2x2 of sticks made a plank... lots of fun things, gold tools gave bonus drops... like dead bush was 10% drop for stick, 100% with gold hoe, 50% with other hoe...

anyhow... there are like 3 mods that together give MC pretty much any type of themed environment...

ill check the mods later, but i hosted a server with em for awhile and they are compatible <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>