Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Alec McKinley's Feed The Beast Ban Appeal
Started by [E] AlecMcKinley

=============

Username: alecmckinley

When you were banned : 3/27/2013

Person who banned you: Non-Specific. Either Yield or Cryston

Reason you were banned: Griefing ... (more information in the section below)

Server: Feed The Beast

=============

Extra Info: The main event that set this ban in motion was the simple act of having a friend move into my foundry, simple enough, no? Well apparently not so simple. When I requested my friend GhostlyBones To move into my foundry he graciously accepted, and as well did his friend darkshadow(some numeric following his name). Their other friend deathangelpk had stated he was quitting, hence all of his and his colleagues stuff would go to, well, his colleagues. I merely began to move the items from his foundry to mine to begin the process of moving, then at last moment Death decides to come back. (hence he deceived us, and then got us banned, which in my opinion should result in a perma-ban, but most likely that is out of my frustration.) He begins to complain and rant about his belongings and when this was happening, darkshadow had also decided to have a change of heart and get us banned, i found myself trying to hold my tongue while writing this appeal, their inability to address a situation like a man irks me, especially when i am turned into the scapegoat. I told them that GhostlyBones is clearly entitled to 1/3 of their belongings, which is more than fair, and i would be glad to leave that open to debate to whom ever is reading this. Even though I didnt have to, i single handed moved all the equipment to his house with a portal gun so no items would be lost. Unfortunately i did not have the time nor memory to put them into their respected places. So why i am banned is still a mystery, and i really would like to apologize on this appeal yet i do not know what i would say, since my entire appeal would be contradicting any apology, but nonetheless i am sorry for the hassle this has created which is one thing i will knowledge. Whatever the outcome results in, unban or ban, thank you for reading this.

-Alec D. McKinley
Alec,

The issue is between the two players involved. Where you get the idea that you are entitled to take someone's stuff and then tell them what they can or can't have back is ridiculous..

It's not your stuff... It's not your place... It wasn't your right to take anything in the house..

Any player has the right to quit and come back. It doesn't mean it's a free for all on that player's home. They shouldn't return to find their house ransacked. You stole from a player end of story.

This will be a 2 week ban minimum. You can reapply on 4/4/2013
After discussing matters with other staff this ban was reverted back to a 1 month ban ending on 4/18. This is 2 wks for the initial incident and 2 wks for disrespecting staff in mumble.

Just because you didn't get your way does not give you any right to disrespect staff. We have a job to do that you may not always agree with. Had you accepted and served your first term you would've been playing weeks ago...

ANY and I mean ANY disrespect towards staff for any reason from you will result in a permanent ban in the future!