Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] HELP! -New User- How do I claim an unowned lot?
Started by [E] littlesparrow91

Hi, I just joined Minetown, so I apologize if this isn't in the right forum. I was previously on another server where we looked on a map and requested a lot and then just walked from our spawn point to our lot and started building. I have looked all over Minetown.net, and searched google looking on how to get a lot not in a town, but I was unable to find out how. I tried walking out on Agharta to the area around the town to see if I could just start building out there, and maybe claim a spot but I was walking for forever and still couldn't build. I gave up after a half hour of walking in the wild area and unable to do anything but run from mobs. I am now on the main server, how would I go about getting a lot outside the city? Please, I hope someone is able to help, this is quite different from the server setup I am used to. (Please dont suggest Newbietown. I already looked over the Minetown wiki Newuser page, and did the Minetown tutorial, and walked through Newbietown. Its not what Im looking for. I just want a lot outside the city where I can build with my boyfriend, who is also a new user on Minetown without a lot, and not be bothered)

-littlesparrow91
You can build wherever that isn't in a town (unless you want to and have permission)

Just build where you want and then use /pe to have a staff member protect your area.
Thankyou! :veryexcited:
Hi there,

I have tried setting a home in the main server on an unoccupied lot, but I cannot /sethome.

Thoughts
Zupansky wrote:
Hi there,

I have tried setting a home in the main server on an unoccupied lot, but I cannot /sethome.

Thoughts

Are you a member or a guest? Try using /home set
I am a member not a guest. I also cannot just build or break blocks on unoccupied lots
That could be because they're actually owned by someone. Use "/rg i" to check. Try somewhere else
I love learning shorter quicker commands i always use to type out /region info and then i found out /rg info, and now /rg i Kudos to you good Sir <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
If you wish to build on main2(agharta) you have to walk all the way out of the flat-ish spawn area. I'd recommend using /warp north/east/west/south to get past the first 1000 blocks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> it's quite a long way, and theres loads of ocean tho :/
I can give you wool and stone on main2 if ya want