Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Sad/scary video please watch.
Started by [E] a3modz2

Ok hi guys here's a video that might be threat to everyone and I mean everyone please watch the whole thing for it to make since. please comment and tell me how you think/feel about this.

My Reaction: LERRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS!

Naah, But seriously, its going to be a near miss. No need to get all hyped up.

~Luca
The one that hit Russia wasn't a near miss and besides this is a bigger one from the that hit Russia. Besides not all of them are near miss's.
Buddy, dont get hyped up about it. There is no need to get hyped about anything. Its not going to hit earth. Nasa will even do precautionary measures to ensure our safety... In Russia, it desinigrated before anything happened. Unfortunately some people were hurt. What can we do about it. Nothing. Just dont cause hype.

Simple.

Also, you posted it in the general servers discussion, can a mod move it to off topic or something more relevant <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

~Luca
Not going to happen.
No. NASA has already stated that, at worst, it will come close enough to potentially take out some our higher orbiting satellites. This is an old video with oudated information.
LucaGreen wrote:
Nasa will even do precautionary measures to ensure our safety...

There are no known effective measures within our current technological means to prevent an asteroid/meteor strike. Nuking/blowing one up would actually increase the danger by causing smaller fragments of it to hit earth, causing more widespread damage. The only option would be to alter its trajectory, which, especially depending on the size of the object, could be difficult or impossible.
I'm not going to lie things like this whether they are real or not scare me when the get into my head, please next time, EMPHASIZE sad/scary.

~Forum thread moved.
It does not seem to be within the current margin of error for hitting us...

As for preventing collisions, I doubt it is outside of our technology... As long as anything is done to deflect the path well ahead of collision, it would miss us... In space, the two bodies are like two grains of sand flung from opposite ends of a football stadium: The chance of collision is tiny to begin with, and only a tiny alteration is needed to eliminate it. Besides, at 100m in diameter, this thing would probably be pulverized by a hydrogen bomb, or at least a good chunk will be vaporized by the flash even if it somehow doesn't shatter
NASA announced a month ago that the asteroid will fly straight past us.